New to LPS coral

Fishlover56

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 28, 2020
Messages
183
Reaction score
79
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

Is my new Acan looking ok? Its only been in the tank 8 hours now, I have a Candy cane and Mushroom which both are doing really well.

I thought I would spice it up a bit

Thanks
image0 (42).jpeg
 
It looks like a fresh addition but not in a worrisome way, it'll come around and fluff out a bit more with time.

And that coral will spice things up but maybe not in a way you'd expect. That's a true Acan coral (Acanthastrea echinata vs the nice "Acans" Micromussa lordhowensis) and they can be a bit aggressive. I wouldn't place it within 6 inches of any coral you hold dear 😅
 
Give it some time. Hard to really say after a few hours. Many corals don’t even open up that fast (I had Zoas take 9 days to open and seem to be doing fine now)

The only thing I’d really watch for the first day is to make sure it isn’t getting blasted with flow.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new