New to r2r been reading threads here since before I started my tank in march guess it's finally time to join and say hi.

SublimeSilence

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As title states, I've been reading r2r threads and watching tons of youtube vids since January this year. I got a massive itch to start a reef tank after a randomly finding myself on the reeftank subreddit. I started my reeftank a little over 2 months ago, mostly by getting help from Living Reef in Orlando which is a 5 min drive from my house. I'm definitely in the ugly tank stages with constant new algae showing up. I got a 50 gal waterbox aio peninsula, using 2 hydra 32's and I did upgrade the aio with a skimmer. So far I've only stocked it with 2 clowns, 5 trochus snails, 6 blue leg hermits, 2 conches, 1 blood shrimp, a lemark angel(I know it will one day be too big for my tank but once it gets to that point my lfs said they would take it back and get me another fish for store credit, I felt bad for the guy since nobody wanted to buy him for over 2 months!), and 2 emerald crabs. I originally had 6 snails but one died 2 weeks ago and I didn't realize it till a week later after I had bought a flame hawk that decided to go for a carpet ride and tested my water finding out I had a huge ammonia spike. The peeps at my lfs were cool enough to help me save my tank without anything else dying(a 50% water change + 2x 20%'s). Now I've been counting everything almost daily like a parnoid person. Anyways looking forward to watching my tank grow and mature!

pxl_20220608_174235264.jpg

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As title states, I've been reading r2r threads and watching tons of youtube vids since January this year. I got a massive itch to start a reef tank after a randomly finding myself on the reeftank subreddit. I started my reeftank a little over 2 months ago, mostly by getting help from Living Reef in Orlando which is a 5 min drive from my house. I'm definitely in the ugly tank stages with constant new algae showing up. I got a 50 gal waterbox aio peninsula, using 2 hydra 32's and I did upgrade the aio with a skimmer. So far I've only stocked it with 2 clowns, 5 trochus snails, 6 blue leg hermits, 2 conches, 1 blood shrimp, a lemark angel(I know it will one day be too big for my tank but once it gets to that point my lfs said they would take it back and get me another fish for store credit, I felt bad for the guy since nobody wanted to buy him for over 2 months!), and 2 emerald crabs. I originally had 6 snails but one died 2 weeks ago and I didn't realize it till a week later after I had bought a flame hawk that decided to go for a carpet ride and tested my water finding out I had a huge ammonia spike. The peeps at my lfs were cool enough to help me save my tank without anything else dying(a 50% water change + 2x 20%'s). Now I've been counting everything almost daily like a parnoid person. Anyways looking forward to watching my tank grow and mature!

pxl_20220608_174235264.jpg
Longest title of the day! Welcome aboard!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Back