New to R2R, getting back in after 10 years...

Riptide_Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning R2R!

Been lurking around reading threads and gathering tons of knowledge...finally started an account, lol.

Just getting back into the hobby after 10 years of not having any aquariums whatsoever. Pretty cool to see how much I still remember, and even more so, how much innovation and new lighting options, etc. that is available nowadays!

My last setup was a 70T with metal halides that i had to change out often, created a ton of heat, used a ton of energy, but definitely created a beautiful shimmer. I’m very excited to get a new tank up and running with some LEDs!

I’m still shopping around, but for my current space I’m looking at getting a JBJ 45 AIO flat panel, or possibly one of the Waterbox AIOs(or their sumped variations in a similar size). I’d rather spend a bit more for a Waterbox as I’ve heard so many great things and they seem very high quality in comparison to the JBJs, but I simply like the size of the JBJ a bit more(26x22) since it’s slightly more rectangular. Comparing both 45 gallon tanks here at my LFS, the JBJ just seems bigger... I think the layout gives an illusion of being slightly larger than the Waterbox for some reason.

Thanks for letting me introduce myself here, I hope to get my tank up and running soon and utilizing all of the information here to make everything run as smooth as possible! Have a good day everyone!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!
tenor.gif
#WelcometoR2R

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%

Back