New to r2r, hello all

luckylepgw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, name is Jeremy and i live in Allegheny co. I have a pretty new setup, about 6 week now. 45 gal display with a diy overflow to my 35 gal "sump" if you will with a Diy protein skimmer. My lights are the current orbit marine loop bt system. ( hopeing to get the controllable wave pumps next payday)

20190220_161259.jpeg

I just started adding the first of the livestock last week, 3 hermit crabs, a xenia and a snowflake clown. Here is the zenia attaching to its island home.

20190216_131555.jpeg

This week was 2 cleaner clams, 2 tiger conch, 2 emerald crabs, 1 lawnmower belleny, 1 yellow watchman goby and a tiger pistol shrimp.

I know i probably jumped the gun on this orange fan sponge, but i couldn't resist.

20190221_121242.jpeg

Was wondering if anyone might know how much water flow is to much for this fella?
This is my second marine tank, but my first go with sponges.

Rjukan

Day Dreamer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, welcome to R2R!!

What's your sump set up on? Looks like tanks with some pieces of wood on top?

Nice additions to the tank, hope that sponge works out for you, it's really cool looking. I haven't seen anything like that for sale around here.

OP
OP
luckylepgw

luckylepgw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, welcome to R2R!!

What's your sump set up on? Looks like tanks with some pieces of wood on top?

Nice additions to the tank, hope that sponge works out for you, it's really cool looking. I haven't seen anything like that for sale around here.
3 10 gal tanks with some wood on top lol. It's temporary till I finish building the stand. I'm going to turn the small tanks into my filter system and the 35 gal may be seahorses. Unless i find a larger display tank (100+gal). The final configuration is still up in the air, but i am a fishaholic so I'm looking to go big

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back