New to R2R

reefanatic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I'm new to R2R. I am quite active on my local forum (TCMAS.org) here in MN but thought I'd check out other forums around the web. I've heard great things from others on here and look forward to meeting many of you.

Currently I run a 75g reef, mainly LPS and zoos. The same tank before my recent move was a mixed reef and I'll most likely end up with some SPS again at some point in the near future.

Hardware wise; I run a 40b for a sump/refugium which holds my Octopus NW-200 skimmer (modded), my GFO Reactor and the OR2500 return pump. For flow I have a Koralia 2 on the same end of the tank as the return and a Koralia 3 on the other end. Lighting is a 4 bulb T5 retro with 4 pc fans built into the canopy for active cooling.

The Stand and Canopy were custom built by me and my uncle. I REALLY wanted to fit a 40b under the tank in the stand but no pre-made stands would allow it.

Here's a pic or two of the tank

The purple and green BTA!
AquariumPicsJune09005-1.jpg

FTS (pretty bare still in this pic, this is just after the move)
AquariumPicsJune09004.jpg

Sump shot
AquariumPhotos056.jpg

Shot of the custom built Stand and Canopy
Canopy4.jpg

I have lots of pics of the stand/canopy build process if anyone is interested in seeing more of those.

Thanks for looking!

Colin

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!! Awesome NEM!!

OP
OP
reefanatic

reefanatic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!

Best Freebie I ever got!!!! lol

One of the guys that works at Bulk Reef Supply (one of the owners I believe) was tearing down his personal tank at home and was just giving it away. I couldn't believe how vibrant it was when I actually saw it.

Now if I could just get the dang thing to settle in...

OP
OP
reefanatic

reefanatic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome to R2R
very nice BTA, what size sump are you running?

The sump is made out of a 40 gallon breeder tank. Includes a refugium section with Mud/DSB and a million filter feading feather dusters, the skimmer section and return section which now also houses the GFO reactor.

Fishcrazy06

Reefing Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome To R2R. Very fun and laid back group of people here IMO. And just as knowledgeable as anywhere else!

Eric

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back