New to R2R!

TrekReefer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 18, 2020
Messages
15
Reaction score
46
Location
PNW
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. New to the community and saltwater aquariums. So I can have success my first go around, I am planning to setup a tank. Here's what I have in mind.

AIO tank & stand: Red Sea Max E 260 or JBJ rimless 65
Fish: 2 naked clownfish, 2 cleaner shrimp, 1 six line wrasse, 1 royal gramma
Corals: Toadstool leather, purple mushroom, cabbage leather, spaghetti finger leather, GSP(?)

I want to focus on keeping things alive and happy. Soft corals so I don't have to dose. Hardy fish who eat readily. An AIO to get the use to a saltwater system and equipment. Input/suggestions are welcome.
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Welcome to R2R!!! It’s great to have a plan of action!!! And yours looks pretty solid!!! My only tidbit of advice would be to add the six line last. They can be little hellions! Lol.
AADD275A-4415-47C3-BCA5-2E393B20DC4A.gif
 
Hello. New to the community and saltwater aquariums. So I can have success my first go around, I am planning to setup a tank. Here's what I have in mind.

AIO tank & stand: Red Sea Max E 260 or JBJ rimless 65
Fish: 2 naked clownfish, 2 cleaner shrimp, 1 six line wrasse, 1 royal gramma
Corals: Toadstool leather, purple mushroom, cabbage leather, spaghetti finger leather, GSP(?)

I want to focus on keeping things alive and happy. Soft corals so I don't have to dose. Hardy fish who eat readily. An AIO to get the use to a saltwater system and equipment. Input/suggestions are welcome.
Hey welcome! Glad you have decided to join, also take the time and gain knowledge before rushing into it!

Recently made a channel on YouTube and a couple of my videos could be super helpful! Enjoy and welcome to the thread!
 
Sounds like you did your research and know exactly what you want! That is awesome! I personally like to get the tiniest fish possible (even in my 95g) because I love watching them grow. I got a 0.5-1'' royal gramma in there and it's getting so fat and maybe doubled in size already (I can finally see it from further away from the tank)!

Welcome to R2R and happy reefing!

giphy.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new