New to Reef2Reef

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought it with all the rock and sand and live stock. I just cleaned it, changed the water and added macro algea to the refugium
OK, by cleaning it, if you mean the sand & the rocks (which was the right thing to do) you washed away all the bacteria that was in the tank. Your also going to need to keep an eye on the ammonia cycle sense you already have fish it it as well. Did you add anything like Dr Tims One & Only Live Nitrifying Bacteria or something to help seed the tank.

BeejReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

spockwelcome.jpg

OP
OP
Otopharynx

Otopharynx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, by cleaning it, if you mean the sand & the rocks (which was the right thing to do) you washed away all the bacteria that was in the tank. Your also going to need to keep an eye on the ammonia cycle sense you already have fish it it as well. Did you add anything like Dr Tims One & Only Live Nitrifying Bacteria or something to help seed the tank.
For cleaning i stirred up the sand bed and scraped the glass along with picking off as much green hair algea as i could. I also cleaned the skimmer and changed the filter sock but i tried to avoid killing the beneficial bacteria. I've gotten my water tested everyday and it's been stable

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For cleaning i stirred up the sand bed and scraped the glass along with picking off as much green hair algea as i could. I also cleaned the skimmer and changed the filter sock but i tried to avoid killing the beneficial bacteria. I've gotten my water tested everyday and it's been stable
good that your testing, good luck with everything.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 63 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back