New to Reef2Reef

I bought it with all the rock and sand and live stock. I just cleaned it, changed the water and added macro algea to the refugium
OK, by cleaning it, if you mean the sand & the rocks (which was the right thing to do) you washed away all the bacteria that was in the tank. Your also going to need to keep an eye on the ammonia cycle sense you already have fish it it as well. Did you add anything like Dr Tims One & Only Live Nitrifying Bacteria or something to help seed the tank.
 
Welcome!

spockwelcome.jpg
 
OK, by cleaning it, if you mean the sand & the rocks (which was the right thing to do) you washed away all the bacteria that was in the tank. Your also going to need to keep an eye on the ammonia cycle sense you already have fish it it as well. Did you add anything like Dr Tims One & Only Live Nitrifying Bacteria or something to help seed the tank.
For cleaning i stirred up the sand bed and scraped the glass along with picking off as much green hair algea as i could. I also cleaned the skimmer and changed the filter sock but i tried to avoid killing the beneficial bacteria. I've gotten my water tested everyday and it's been stable
 
For cleaning i stirred up the sand bed and scraped the glass along with picking off as much green hair algea as i could. I also cleaned the skimmer and changed the filter sock but i tried to avoid killing the beneficial bacteria. I've gotten my water tested everyday and it's been stable
good that your testing, good luck with everything.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new