New to reef2reef

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since you have fish in the tank, I would do a water change. The fish are adding N03 to the tank. I would add some Biospera or the like to help with the beneficial bacteria.

OP
OP
Janna-Leigh

Janna-Leigh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys, my tank has been acting crazy. I did water change as everyone suggested and my levels did improve.
Ammonia 0.25
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 25

waited a few days, retested yesterday

ammonia 0.25
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 10

today:

ammonia 0.5
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 25

what the heck is going on... what should I do?

susan ingram

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I’m new to reefing and I’m very excited to get started. I’ve been watching lots of videos and talking to many experienced reefers to get all the knowledge I can. One thing I’ve learned fast, is that everyone has their own way, which can be a little frustrating when being new to the Hobby. I also wished I talked to everyone before diving in head first. I’ve had my tank for exactly 1 week and I already want a bigger tank bc of all the fish I want and can’t have bc of the size of my tank. 1st rookie mistake, not going bigger the first time around... oh well, this 60 gal will become either my sick tank or my holding tank... Lol.

I did the same thing. I started just recently with a 75 and I'm installing a 180 now. This stuff is addicting!! So happy to welcome another female reefer!!!!

Reef-Tank

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ok guys, my tank has been acting crazy. I did water change as everyone suggested and my levels did improve.
Ammonia 0.25
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 25

waited a few days, retested yesterday

ammonia 0.25
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 10

today:

ammonia 0.5
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 25

what the heck is going on... what should I do?
It's ammonia spike since the tank still young or something have die in the tank. I would do is keep watching the tank searching around to see if anything die or drop in your tank. If nothing in the tank have die either add more benificial bacteria to the right level water volume follow instruction on the bottle and let roll through the course cycle.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 34 81.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.8%
Back