New to reef2reef

Janna-Leigh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I’m new to reefing and I’m very excited to get started. I’ve been watching lots of videos and talking to many experienced reefers to get all the knowledge I can. One thing I’ve learned fast, is that everyone has their own way, which can be a little frustrating when being new to the Hobby. I also wished I talked to everyone before diving in head first. I’ve had my tank for exactly 1 week and I already want a bigger tank bc of all the fish I want and can’t have bc of the size of my tank. 1st rookie mistake, not going bigger the first time around... oh well, this 60 gal will become either my sick tank or my holding tank... Lol.

Bryn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R.
SeriousBothBronco-size_restricted.gif

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the Reef. I hear you, the mixed opinions can be confusing In the beginning. I watched a BRS video once were he said in the beginning he listened to everyone, until finally he learned to just listen to a couple. The problem is person A has a beautiful tank run with this method, and person B has a beautiful tank run with another method. If either try each others method it might not work on their tank. My advise would be to find some tanks you like and ask the owners questions. Almost everyone on here loves to share their experiences and give advise.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun....

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

H3rm1tCr@b

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I’m new to reefing and I’m very excited to get started. I’ve been watching lots of videos and talking to many experienced reefers to get all the knowledge I can. One thing I’ve learned fast, is that everyone has their own way, which can be a little frustrating when being new to the Hobby. I also wished I talked to everyone before diving in head first. I’ve had my tank for exactly 1 week and I already want a bigger tank bc of all the fish I want and can’t have bc of the size of my tank. 1st rookie mistake, not going bigger the first time around... oh well, this 60 gal will become either my sick tank or my holding tank... Lol.
What kind of fish are you thinking of getting?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.2%
Back