New to reef2reef

reeftigergal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I’m new to reefing and I’m very excited to get started. I’ve been watching lots of videos and talking to many experienced reefers to get all the knowledge I can. One thing I’ve learned fast, is that everyone has their own way, which can be a little frustrating when being new to the Hobby. I also wished I talked to everyone before diving in head first. I’ve had my tank for exactly 1 week and I already want a bigger tank bc of all the fish I want and can’t have bc of the size of my tank. 1st rookie mistake, not going bigger the first time around... oh well, this 60 gal will become either my sick tank or my holding tank... Lol.
Welcome, Welcome and super glad to have more female power. Lol. Not many of us females in the hobby. So glad you joined and these are among the best of the best in the business.

Arthacker87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. If ya have any questions we will try to answer them to the best of our abilities or experience. Rule of thumb for reef keeping, nothing happens fast. Have patience and do research beforehand. As it seem you are!! This is a great and fun hobby but can also make you wanna quit lol. Stick it out and enjoy. And if you think you should have went with a bigger tank, I started w a ten gallon hahaha. Within 2 weeks went ahead and shot up to a 75

OP
OP
Janna-Leigh

Janna-Leigh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diamond Goby
Absolute Zero Clown Fish
Snowflake clown fish
Multicolored angel
Coral beauty
Fire fish
Purple fire fish
Garden eel
Engineer goby
Fire shrimp
PJ cardinal
Yellow tang
Sailfin tang
Flame angel
Scooter Blenny
Yellow watchman goby
Six line wrasse

Just to name a few... lol

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R

Even if your wanting a bigger aquarium, as most of us do..lol the 60G should be perfect to get your self situated to move on to the bigger version

giphy.gif

Kevind0905

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I’m new to reefing and I’m very excited to get started. I’ve been watching lots of videos and talking to many experienced reefers to get all the knowledge I can. One thing I’ve learned fast, is that everyone has their own way, which can be a little frustrating when being new to the Hobby. I also wished I talked to everyone before diving in head first. I’ve had my tank for exactly 1 week and I already want a bigger tank bc of all the fish I want and can’t have bc of the size of my tank. 1st rookie mistake, not going bigger the first time around... oh well, this 60 gal will become either my sick tank or my holding tank... Lol.
Welcome
Welcome to the group!
welcome Janna! Lots of ways to be successful with your reef and you can always go bigger. Good to have you here!

OP
OP
Janna-Leigh

Janna-Leigh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. If ya have any questions we will try to answer them to the best of our abilities or experience. Rule of thumb for reef keeping, nothing happens fast. Have patience and do research beforehand. As it seem you are!! This is a great and fun hobby but can also make you wanna quit lol. Stick it out and enjoy. And if you think you should have went with a bigger tank, I started w a ten gallon hahaha. Within 2 weeks went ahead and shot up to a 75
That’s funny... After going to ever saltwater fish store within a 100 mile radius, I want a 220 gal...

OP
OP
Janna-Leigh

Janna-Leigh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of fish are you thinking of getting?
Diamond Goby
Absolute Zero Clown Fish
Snowflake clown fish
Multicolored angel
Coral beauty
Fire fish
Purple fire fish
Garden eel
Engineer goby
Fire shrimp
PJ cardinal
Yellow tang
Sailfin tang
Flame angel
Scooter Blenny
Yellow watchman goby
Six line wrasse

Just to name a few... lol

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hiiiiiiiiiiii! ;Woot

giphy.gif

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back