New to Reef2reef

Welcome to R2R!

R2R-Welcome3.jpg
 
Thanks all! Forgot how supportive the community is!

Was she pointing at the expensive ones when she said that? Either way, welcome back to the hobby! Glad to have you on the forums!
Of course. She wants a Euphyllia garden and now the wife wants a pretty "pink" coral. :face-with-tears-of-joy:
 
Thanks all! Forgot how supportive the community is!


Of course. She wants a Euphyllia garden and now the wife wants a pretty "pink" coral. :face-with-tears-of-joy:
Could have been worse! She could’ve pointed to the $1k sticks that are out there. A $500 torch is a bargain in comparison!
 
Hi - Just got back into hobby after 15+ years when daughter said she wants "coral". Here we go again!

Welcome! Glad you joined. This is a great family hobby!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Jew Jersey:
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/local-reef-club-discussion.516/
This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.84/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new