New to salt water hobby

2dogs

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 24, 2021
Messages
4
Reaction score
23
Location
Hertfordshire
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone ,
I‘m a new member from the United Kingdom to the salt water hobby but have kept freshwater fish For 10 years
My present tank is 5years old 96in.L X 36in.W X 30in.H with Malawi Cichlids.
I have a custom build on site marine tank and cabinet with sump on order 72in.L x 30in.W x 33in.H
I shall be looking for lots of help and advice from all you experienced salties to get me off to a good start when my new tank arrives.
So a big thank you in advance for all the help that I receive.
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Hi everyone ,
I‘m a new member from the United Kingdom to the salt water hobby but have kept freshwater fish For 10 years
My present tank is 5years old 96in.L X 36in.W X 30in.H with Malawi Cichlids.
I have a custom build on site marine tank and cabinet with sump on order 72in.L x 30in.W x 33in.H
I shall be looking for lots of help and advice from all you experienced salties to get me off to a good start when my new tank arrives.
So a big thank you in advance for all the help that I receive.
Welcome to R2R
Be sure you join the Uk group and start a build tread too
Welcome to R2R.JPG
 
Hi everyone ,
I‘m a new member from the United Kingdom to the salt water hobby but have kept freshwater fish For 10 years
My present tank is 5years old 96in.L X 36in.W X 30in.H with Malawi Cichlids.
I have a custom build on site marine tank and cabinet with sump on order 72in.L x 30in.W x 33in.H
I shall be looking for lots of help and advice from all you experienced salties to get me off to a good start when my new tank arrives.
So a big thank you in advance for all the help that I receive.

Welcome and glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.84/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new