New to salt water

carruthers79

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My name is Mike. Just started a water box 90.3. Totally new to the hobby haven’t had a tank for 20 years and I only ever had freshwater.
A pile of info to absorb. Not even sure if I have the right guts. Got the tank for Christmas so no time to research if I have the right equipment.
Seems like this is the right place to be.
I’ll probably just keep creeping :)

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Budman93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it’s a very rewarding and fun hobby but a pretty big money pit lol. I’d take a week or two and just watch a bunch of reefing videos to learn everything. This forum also has a bunch of really good stickied posts that can tell you everything you’d need to know.

Eventually you should make a build thread and list all your equipment, stocking plans, and any questions. People would respond direct telling you what’s good or not and give advice.

Anyways welcome to reef2reef!

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My name is Mike. Just started a water box 90.3. Totally new to the hobby haven’t had a tank for 20 years and I only ever had freshwater.
A pile of info to absorb. Not even sure if I have the right guts. Got the tank for Christmas so no time to research if I have the right equipment.
Welcome to R2R! What equipment do you currently have? Most can be crossed over, so that are pretty much just saltwater would be protein skimmer and UV sterilizer.

OP
OP
carruthers79

carruthers79

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it’s a very rewarding and fun hobby but a pretty big money pit lol. I’d take a week or two and just watch a bunch of reefing videos to learn everything. This forum also has a bunch of really good stickied posts that can tell you everything you’d need to know.

Eventually you should make a build thread and list all your equipment, stocking plans, and any questions. People would respond direct telling you what’s good or not and give advice.

Anyways welcome to reef2reef!
Thanks for the encouragement

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welcome Mike!

You've made a good choice, participating here.

The guidance I've received here on R2R was the difference between having a tank that survives to a tank that thrives!

Questions? Ask away!

Dom

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 89 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%

Back