New to Saltwater

Muddy713

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hola guys... my name is Derek from Houston..I Used to have multiple freshwater tanks as a kid but now getting back into the hobby after buying my 2 year old a fish tank for his room. Wanted him to have something cool to look at and also something that we can get into together as he gets older. For now he has a 10 gallon that has been running for about a month now and I plan on getting myself maybe a 20/30 gallon saltwater tank in the next month or so.

So far in his tank he has two clownfish, 5 hermit crabs and some zoa and just added a small colt tree coral.

Will be sure to ask questions as the journey goes. Glad to have a community to go to for Q/A's.

#GoTexans #GoAstros #GoRockets

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
welcome33.gif

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hola guys... my name is Derek from Houston..I Used to have multiple freshwater tanks as a kid but now getting back into the hobby after buying my 2 year old a fish tank for his room. Wanted him to have something cool to look at and also something that we can get into together as he gets older. For now he has a 10 gallon that has been running for about a month now and I plan on getting myself maybe a 20/30 gallon saltwater tank in the next month or so.

So far in his tank he has two clownfish, 5 hermit crabs and some zoa and just added a small colt tree coral.

Will be sure to ask questions as the journey goes. Glad to have a community to go to for Q/A's.

Welcome!

Brazilian Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welcome to R2R and Happy Reefing!

jgcarranza13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welcome! Also, get the 30 gallon. You’ll be happy you did later

DJC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Absolutely welcome to the board

I’ve done the same with my kids of 6 & 10 got a salt tank for Father’s Day now they all want tanks of their own think I’ve started a fad in my house

This forum has everything you can possibly want or need an answer for
So again welcome !!!

1706155946738.gif

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back