New to saltwater

saltynewbie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
Like the title says, I’m new to saltwater and just starting the research process. I have kept freshwater fish for over a decade. I will be purchasing a 120g 6ft tank from my neighbor in the near future. It will come with a 55g sump, chiller, lighting and skimmer from his 180g tank. I have always dreamed about having a saltwater tank. Any helpful pointers would be great.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

OP
OP
S

saltynewbie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to ask…. What was your neighbors reason for selling?
Was he successful while it was running.
Whatever info you can provide would help you down the line and possibly avoid potential problems.
They are downsizing, I have been eyeballing his 180. It’s built into his kitchen wall, so it goes with the house.

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are downsizing, I have been eyeballing his 180. It’s built into his kitchen wall, so it goes with the house.
Awesome for you to be able to find someone whom you know and you can buy from with confidence. Well as I'm sure you know, you've come to the right place. People here are all too eager to help and guide. Don't forget to be a build contributor. Good luck

Back