New to the crew

epic56

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 1, 2024
Messages
9
Reaction score
20
Location
ct
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, new to the website. My names eric been reefing a few years in a 75 just upgraded to 180 needed more space! Lol

I’m from the great state of Connecticut (sarcasm)

I’m setting everything up for try to be “self sustaining” in the tank. What are you all running for brands of cal, alk, mag, and whatever else you are dosing. Looking to switch from fluval and go with better consistency and better stuff.
 
Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF


Welcome and good luck on your 180!!
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!
Welcome.gif
 
Welcome to R2R!
I run both Seachem fusion 1 for CA and Fusion 2 ALK for 7 years, premixed.
This for me keeps the concentration of the dose consistent and the premix has never clogged my doser.
For MG I run Red Sea at 1/6th of CA uptake.
I also run Red Sea A,B,C and D at 10% of CA uptake.
Weekly I hit with a shot of Red Sea A+B and a dash of phyto.
Water change at 10% a week.
All automated except WC, which is semi automated.

Wishing you good luck.

Enjoy!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new