New to the group

CDeatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone

I am new to the group and live in Escondido, CA. My name is Carey and I currently have two saltwater aquariums. One is a puffer tank. 3 GSP and 1 porcupine puffer named Jake, because he's wearing khaki. The other is mostly Tangs. We have been waiting for a few months for our 350 gallon acrylic aquarium after our 300 gallon glass aquarium split at one of the silicone seams and dumped about 150 gallons of salt water into our living room. The 350 gallon will be a reef tank with tangs and some other reef compatible fish and invertebrates. So I will be gathering as much knowledge as I can from all of you.
Yes, that is me in my avatar picture. I love Halloween and dress up every year. Typically I am some sort of villain and have dressed up as quite a few Disney Villains. I also have dogs, a tortoise and snakes.
Nice to meet all of you!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Carey, welcome to R2R!! :)

Sorry about you setback with the leek. Are you having the 350 built?

OP
OP
CDeatrick

CDeatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Carey, welcome to R2R!! :)

Sorry about you setback with the leek. Are you having the 350 built?
Yes we've been having it built for about 4 months, but you know what they say, 3rd time's a charm. The first tank was shipped. We picked it up from the distribution warehouse, got it home, got it into the house, unwrapped it, put it on the hardy metal stand and discovered the acrylic was discolored on the front left side. My husband, with stress all over his face, felt the side and discovered that if pushed on, it squeaked. not a good sign. There was an unwelded seam! Really? This had never been seen by the builder. They built another tank for us and we excitedly arrived at the warehouse to pick it up because we knew that after the last debacle, there's no way there would be another unwelded seam and we were right! this time the entire side of the tank had been smashed in (appears maybe a forklift went through it). So we are really hoping that 3rd time's a charm!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back