Episode 15 Hello GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone

I am new to the group and live in Escondido, CA. My name is Carey and I currently have two saltwater aquariums. One is a puffer tank. 3 GSP and 1 porcupine puffer named Jake, because he's wearing khaki. The other is mostly Tangs. We have been waiting for a few months for our 350 gallon acrylic aquarium after our 300 gallon glass aquarium split at one of the silicone seams and dumped about 150 gallons of salt water into our living room. The 350 gallon will be a reef tank with tangs and some other reef compatible fish and invertebrates. So I will be gathering as much knowledge as I can from all of you.
Yes, that is me in my avatar picture. I love Halloween and dress up every year. Typically I am some sort of villain and have dressed up as quite a few Disney Villains. I also have dogs, a tortoise and snakes.
Nice to meet all of you!
Welcome to R2R medusa

ReefLife_Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What?! I have to make a build thread? Ahahaha. Actually not a bad idea. I will look at some of the others build threads and get an idea of what to post. Thanks !
Don't have to but its always fun to have and show off what you work hard on to others that appreciate the hobby as much as yourself! Also, I have learned a lot about what I like and don't like from other people's threads! Some of the quiet ones (not on the forums) have the coolest tanks!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone

I am new to the group and live in Escondido, CA. My name is Carey and I currently have two saltwater aquariums. One is a puffer tank. 3 GSP and 1 porcupine puffer named Jake, because he's wearing khaki. The other is mostly Tangs. We have been waiting for a few months for our 350 gallon acrylic aquarium after our 300 gallon glass aquarium split at one of the silicone seams and dumped about 150 gallons of salt water into our living room. The 350 gallon will be a reef tank with tangs and some other reef compatible fish and invertebrates. So I will be gathering as much knowledge as I can from all of you.
Yes, that is me in my avatar picture. I love Halloween and dress up every year. Typically I am some sort of villain and have dressed up as quite a few Disney Villains. I also have dogs, a tortoise and snakes.
Nice to meet all of you!

Hi Carey. I'm Lisa. Welcome! Glad you joined.

Excited you are already considering starting your build thread(s)!! I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). You might consider thread for each of your two tanks, though you'll just get one Build Thread Badge for which ever one you link to your account.

This might help you find people local to you:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone

Nice to meet all of you!
Hi Carey and welcome to r2r

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back