New to the saltwater hobby

absaltproject

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! New to the saltwater hobby and SO excited! I have kept freshwater tanks on and off for 10 years and have always dreamed of getting into the saltwater world. My husband has become interested as well so we are diving into our first saltwater aquarium. We’ve gone ahead with something simple to start and got the fluval 32.5flex saltwater kit. We spent over a week thinking arranging and putting together the rocks and now we are about 5 weeks into cycling and finally seeing our ammonia trend down. We are picking up a couple clowns tomorrow to put into our quarantine tank and hope things time out between the main display being ready when quarantine is over. We look forward to everyone’s tips and tricks learning as we go.

F6D6C1FE-345A-49E6-8A85-5284E6F3B176.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
OP
OP
absaltproject

absaltproject

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. This is what my flex32 looks like
Wow! Stunning!
Welcome. This is what my flex32 looks like
I see you’ve made all kinds of upgrades including a sump - did you do that from the get go or as you went? was the initial set up ok?
For now we hope to stay with the simple system as we are looking to move next year and wanted to keep it simple and upgrade once we find a forever home we are happy with.

ryanjohn1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Stunning!

I see you’ve made all kinds of upgrades including a sump - did you do that from the get go or as you went? was the initial set up ok?
For now we hope to stay with the simple system as we are looking to move next year and wanted to keep it simple and upgrade once we find a forever home we are happy with.
Added as I went. The regular filtration provided is a good start. But I wanted and needed more. The only thing original on that is the tank itself.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 114 74.5%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back