Red Sea Aiptasia-X worked for me

Golden Girls Hello GIF by TV Land

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mom, would you want to take the tank and all its inhabitants along with a dog? Theses words were spoken in hope so that my child wouldn’t have to get rids of stuff/animals the he loves…lol. To my husband he states that the tank is ours now, he will be in Hawaii for 8 years…the dog will have passed on and he doesn’t anticipate moving back to this area so moving a 100 gallon setup across country probably not possible. So here we are with an aquarium with some coral, fish, cleaners and a dog! So learning about the tank and wanting to get under control before I even dream of adding to it! Any crash course lessons, dos and don’ts that I may need? Currently I am battling aiptasia gone wild. Done the peppermint shrimp, then the nudibranch ( I was warned that the shrimp might eat, not warned about the hermit crabs having a $100.00 feast!!!). So I am going to try the lemon juice route for the aiptasia I can get to…what else?
Welcome to R2R.
kalk paste works too
Welcome to R2R.JPG

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mom, would you want to take the tank and all its inhabitants along with a dog? Theses words were spoken in hope so that my child wouldn’t have to get rids of stuff/animals the he loves…lol. To my husband he states that the tank is ours now, he will be in Hawaii for 8 years…the dog will have passed on and he doesn’t anticipate moving back to this area so moving a 100 gallon setup across country probably not possible. So here we are with an aquarium with some coral, fish, cleaners and a dog! So learning about the tank and wanting to get under control before I even dream of adding to it! Any crash course lessons, dos and don’ts that I may need? Currently I am battling aiptasia gone wild. Done the peppermint shrimp, then the nudibranch ( I was warned that the shrimp might eat, not warned about the hermit crabs having a $100.00 feast!!!). So I am going to try the lemon juice route for the aiptasia I can get to…what else?

Welcome! Glad you joined. There are great videos out there, feel you've already found one of the very best websites: R2R. Hobby will test your BBA - Bounce Back Ability - but it is a good life skill and just hang in there. It didn't get that way overnight, and you shouldn't expect it to be cleaned back up overnight either (that is hard for my BF to reconcile).

This is a great reference book type article I still refer:

Back