New to this!

jkwills15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mom, would you want to take the tank and all its inhabitants along with a dog? Theses words were spoken in hope so that my child wouldn’t have to get rids of stuff/animals the he loves…lol. To my husband he states that the tank is ours now, he will be in Hawaii for 8 years…the dog will have passed on and he doesn’t anticipate moving back to this area so moving a 100 gallon setup across country probably not possible. So here we are with an aquarium with some coral, fish, cleaners and a dog! So learning about the tank and wanting to get under control before I even dream of adding to it! Any crash course lessons, dos and don’ts that I may need? Currently I am battling aiptasia gone wild. Done the peppermint shrimp, then the nudibranch ( I was warned that the shrimp might eat, not warned about the hermit crabs having a $100.00 feast!!!). So I am going to try the lemon juice route for the aiptasia I can get to…what else?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

ersonally, I would try F-Aiptasia before lemon juice. Good luck with whatever you choose!

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mom, would you want to take the tank and all its inhabitants along with a dog? Theses words were spoken in hope so that my child wouldn’t have to get rids of stuff/animals the he loves…lol. To my husband he states that the tank is ours now, he will be in Hawaii for 8 years…the dog will have passed on and he doesn’t anticipate moving back to this area so moving a 100 gallon setup across country probably not possible. So here we are with an aquarium with some coral, fish, cleaners and a dog! So learning about the tank and wanting to get under control before I even dream of adding to it! Any crash course lessons, dos and don’ts that I may need? Currently I am battling aiptasia gone wild. Done the peppermint shrimp, then the nudibranch ( I was warned that the shrimp might eat, not warned about the hermit crabs having a $100.00 feast!!!). So I am going to try the lemon juice route for the aiptasia I can get to…what else?
Welcome to Da Reef!

JXNATC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• 70433.png
    70433.png
    57 KB · Views: 18

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! That's an interesting way to get into the hobby!! Welcome to the salty side and the community! There are a lot of good sticky threads in the "new to saltwater" section of the forum. You will also find different sections for different areas of the hobby to assist you. I have never battled aiptasia so I can't assist with that. Glad to have you here and ask all the questions you need to. :)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 82 87.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back