New Trident?

buruskeee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The cost of the device isn't awful but the reagents are since their life ticks away once mixed making the "hack" to make a 2 month kit last longer maybe useless. Hopefully though maybe they will last longer mixed or ABC comes out with some cheaper versions.
I’m waiting for folks to have the unit for a while and share their findings with these details. I’d have no problem only mixing a 2 month supply of reagents based on rewriting only a test every other day rather than daily so long as the opened unmixed reagents don’t expire.

slythy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m waiting for folks to have the unit for a while and share their findings with these details. I’d have no problem only mixing a 2 month supply of reagents based on rewriting only a test every other day rather than daily so long as the opened unmixed reagents don’t expire.

I get mine on the 30th

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You too can have a Trident NP for a cool $1700!

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The same thing happened with the GHL's Ion and it will happen with the Maven. Happens with the latest and greatest of new gadgets.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I just bought it... it shows that it'll arrive tomorrow...

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Precisely.

Cranie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw the pricing about a week ago via email from BRS. It's only now showing May 30th avail. It was the same as the current Trident which I thought was ludicrous for 2 tests versus 3.

thedon986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I saw the pricing about a week ago via email from BRS. It's only now showing May 30th avail. It was the same as the current Trident which I thought was ludicrous for 2 tests versus 3.
*Selling forum (dry goods) has entered the chat*

Let someone else spend that money and pick one up for $350-400 in a few months. This is everything these days. Fanatics drive up prices on everything. I buy as little reefing equipment as I need to new.

CreatiVe2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just received mine today!

mousehunter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My crystal ball is generally calibrated by history. Apex appears to like to have a fairly clean upgrade path within their line, with a minimal discount for bundling. You can get 99% of the function from an upgraded Apex Jr in comparison to an Apex - and the original plus upgrades will only cost about 10% more than starting with the Apex. Likewise the Apex can be upgraded in functionality to almost a PRO for only a small amount more than the Pro would cost.

As such, my crystal ball says that IF they come out with a Trident +NP in a year or 3, it would probably cost within 10% of buying both a Trident and a Trident NP. That said, market conditions MIGHT change the price of those 2 units - but while competition might drive prices down, inflation always drives them up.

Chewy954

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It went live on TSA at midnight, and I grabbed one w/ reagents!
Looks like it is sold out now, I'm excited for the arrival!

braaap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It went live on TSA at midnight, and I grabbed one w/ reagents!
Looks like it is sold out now, I'm excited for the arrival!
Crazy. I never got an email about it.

Looks like BRS sold out already too. You can buy reagents and the waste bottle but not the units. Didn’t think it would go live at midnight.

Reefguy88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Looks like BRS sold out already too. You can buy reagents and the waste bottle but not the units. Didn’t think it would go live at midnight.
Did it? I've been checking every so often over the past 24 hours and never saw it go from notify to available.

Chewy954

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I checked BRS at exactly midnight and the NP wasn't available, while the reagents were, so I don't believe it went live there.

braaap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I checked BRS at exactly midnight and the NP wasn't available, while the reagents were, so I don't believe it went live there.
Did it? I've been checking every so often over the past 24 hours and never saw it go from notify to available.

It is currently live. Use their app and you can order it. Can add it to your cart from their app and then finish on the website if you want.

IMG_7882.png

I actually just decided to hold off. The rumors of phosphate not working and how this was rushed.

I’ll see what people think. But I’ll likely just wait on Maven. That way I don’t lose more money when I try and resell this at 60%.

Chewy954

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is currently live. Use their app and you can order it. Can add it to your cart from their app and then finish on the website if you want.

IMG_7882.png

I actually just decided to hold off. The rumors of phosphate not working and how this was rushed.

I’ll see what people think. But I’ll likely just wait on Maven. That way I don’t lose more money when I try and resell this at 60%.
where can I read about the phosphate issues? Now I'm worried I pulled the trigger too soon... thanks!

Comic_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
where can I read about the phosphate issues? Now I'm worried I pulled the trigger too soon... thanks!
I saw a few Facebook posts but every time I asked for more information or details it was always "ah I heard it from someone else". Nobody seems to be able to provide more than here say so.... I think unfortunately some people are going to have to be the Guinea pigs who dispel the rumor or prove it correct.

sgrosenb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased one - looks like the package with reagents for $709 are still available. I'll gladly be a guinea pig on this; I've been hoping for highly accurate automated phosphate testing for years. Fingers crossed that it lives up to the hype.

Looks like delivery date is expected to be 6/10/24. I will report back when I get it!

braaap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

Every time I ask people say they got the info from beta testers.

Someone has to be an early adopter. Glad it’s you and not me. Lol

I also have some reservations about the waste. If it needs to be neutralized how many times am I going to be doing that? I don’t want a 1 gallon jar for waste under my tank. My trident one is tiny to save space and gets emptied once a week.

Back