New Triton setup equipment questions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

newbreefer316

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting ready to set up my first SPS system and I'd like to give the triton method a try so I've got a few equipment questions.

90g display tank 48x24x18
36" ati fixture w/ 4 bulbs and 4 full spectrum led pucks
30g frag tank 24x24x12
6x24w ati fixture w/ 2x xho all blue

Fuge lighting - I read that t5 fixtures are recommended but I've had some great success with the kessil h380. Are these an acceptable replacement for the t5 fixtures?

Sump - I'm probably going to get one custom made, going to shoot for 20-25g fuge that's as long as I can fit. Any design inputs for it? Location of dosing ports, etc. ?

Skimmer - picked up a nyos 160. Tank is in the basement so I will probably have to find a way to get fresh air to the skimmer or add a co2 scrubber inline.

Reactors - is it advised to run the carbon/gfo together or separately?

Doser - I'll probably be going with an apex controller, since I have them on my other tanks, but was thinking about going with the ghl 2.1 spare. I've heard great things about them and with the introduction of their kh monitor I'm interested in checking them out. The dos would be my next option but they're just so large and bulky.

Extra biological filtration - I plan on having a minimalistic scape with plenty of Tonga so I picked up some siporax, before I decided to go triton, to increase the biological filtering. Does siporax work in conjunction with the system?

Sorry for all the randomness but after trying to change things around on systems while they were up and running I want to do my best to get everything set up correctly at first this time around.

Lninwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before you purchase a sump. Triton just came out with their own sump. Check out the BRS vid on Triton

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before you purchase a sump. Triton just came out with their own sump. Check out the BRS vid on Triton
It is not made by us.

Another company I can't remember their name has built a sump in a Triton 'style'

OP
OP
newbreefer316

newbreefer316

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw the trigger sump they debuted but they aren't on the market yet and I couldn't find any specs on it. I'd like to go custom to utilize as much space in my stand as possible.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 44 81.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.6%
Back