New UK Reefer

Jobsafish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I’m stepping back into reefing after a 2 year hiatus. I had an interpet RR 94 AIO which I ran as FOWLR but always wanted to get into the corals, anyway work got in the way and I had to shut it down.

Now, work has setttled down and I’m getting my feet wet again with a Juwel Rio 240, which I have removed the filter tower from. I’m looking to set this up with soft corals and fish, Clowns are essential as my son is desperate for a ‘Nemo’ or two. I’m going sump-less (I can feel the eyes rolling) using a Tunze Comline Reefpack 250 for some flow, running floss and carbon with a 9004 for skimming. I’ve also got two Koralia 1600 nanos for additional flow and a Tunze osmolator nano for ATO (I realise this is a bit undersized, but it will do until I can upgrade to the full sized version.

For lighting, I will be using the standard Juwel fixture (two T5s) for now, but may (once the wife is convinced) convert to something else in the future.

I’ve got some rock curing in the garage at the moment, but I still need to get my RO/DI system set up.

I think that’s about it for now, I’ll add to pics of the tank and curing rock soon, as there may be some people out there who like looking at empty glass boxes and bins full of rocks as much as I do.

Cheers,

Matt

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R matt and thanks for saying hello
ezgif-2-7ebd888486.gif
#WelcometoR2R

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back