New Vactra M1 powering down

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Luke Schnabel

I like corals...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I just bought a new Vectra M1 and I calibrated the pump for a max and low setting. Ive been running it at a "constant" green LED setting that is set to the perfect flow for my duel herbie design overflow. Then all of a sudden the Vectra decides to go on a lower setting which in turn is to low for my overflows and floods my sump and turns my overflow alarms on.
Why is this happening and how can I get it to stop.

dkray944

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When mine was doing it, it was due to heat in the pump. If they get too hot they will automatically power down to save the motor. I ended up taking it out and cleaning the impeller and magnetic shaft. I noticed a little bit of sand in the shaft which I believe was the corporate. I haven't had issues since.

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a new Vectra M1 and I calibrated the pump for a max and low setting. Ive been running it at a "constant" green LED setting that is set to the perfect flow for my duel herbie design overflow. Then all of a sudden the Vectra decides to go on a lower setting which in turn is to low for my overflows and floods my sump and turns my overflow alarms on.
Why is this happening and how can I get it to stop.
Try calling Ecotech for help, maybe you could have something on your ESL programmed to do it without knowing

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Sounds like you have 2 problems. One is the Vectra and I would call Ecotech for that one.
The other is when your sump floods. Does that mean you are actually overflowing the sump?
If that is the case then the point at which the return line is in the tank is too low. Raise that and the sump won't overflow.

OP
OP
Luke Schnabel

Luke Schnabel

I like corals...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My sump does not overflow the water rises. My overflows in my display are plumbed using the herbie method. If the water flow isn't consistant then the level in the overflow drops to the main overflow line adding the extra water into the sump causing my alarms to go off. The pump should not overheat being submerged in 78 degree water

OP
OP
Luke Schnabel

Luke Schnabel

I like corals...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The pump decides on its own to reduce flow... Like a 20% reduction all while it's set on a constant speed mode

Anthony Wood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like said previously contact ecotech they have great customer support. I have this pump. You may have messed something up in the programming. Have you tried doing a hard reset? I forget the button combination you have to press I have to look it up every time I do it. Do a hard reset and revert the pump back to factory settings see if that fixes the issue. If it stops giving to issues you'll know you did something. If it doesn't stop giving you issues then you know either the pump or controller have gone bad. I had a faulty controller on my vortech once and only found out it was the controller after they had sent me a new dry side.

If you have vortechs are your vortechs going into night mode and also putting your pump into a night mode for some odd reason. It shouldn't do this but it's possible. Like I know I can put all my vortechs in feed mode by the vectra controller and not have the flow on the vectra change. Contact them they will get the issue solved hassle free. Give the hard reset a try though.

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like the same default setting my brand new M1 came with....It came programmed to go down to 20% during wee hours... Are you using Ecosmartlive and reeflink to control your Vectra M1?

If you've answered yes, then are you getting all blue led lights on your reeflink round led indicator? If not your programming to be constant w/e % did not go through.

I had a lot of trouble with my reeflink, they even went above and beyond their warranty policy to replace my unit to only go back to square zero...I had to move the unit to another location in between my wireless router and tank to make it work...

motownjc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine just started doing this. It all started when I put it to feed mode last week.

When I leave for work it's on the green setting all fine. When I come home the light on the dial is white. I hit the 2 buttons that turn on feed mode and it goes back to the green setting. Not sure what's going on with it.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 36 30.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back