New ways to contact Dr. reef

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

MrTPlush

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are resuming shipping starting Feb1st. using some thermal insulators and other packing materials. I would still prefer all orders to be picked up at a Fedex hub.

I just got an email that my invoice was canceled, the email notifying me of the invoice somehow ended up in my spam. Feel free to resend it and I will look out for it.

Of course on my end not sure if I will be able to accept a shipment this week. The only day I will be free to pick up a shipment is Friday and the weather the night before calls for -10 temps.

ssdawood

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I am just a well wisher, fellow business owner.
I read your statement about loosing fishes.

"I have 4 tanks (50 gal) each plumbed to 1 sump making it 1 system. I have 10 systems like that. If bacterial infection spreads or som aersol disease spreads, I dont lose 5 or 6 fish, I lose entire lots,
I had to shut down many times, bleach and start over in last 5 years. This Nov i lost entire inventory to bacterial infection."

This has me thinking for days. I wanted to help. So I have a suggestion.

For the first stage, receiving prospective fishes for quarantine should be divided into more tanks. Receiving inventory must have more independent tanks. This way loosing inventory to infections bacteria etc can be reduced.
I know that is a lot of work but will save you time and cash. You won't loose 60 fishes.

After receiving stage then there should be your quarantine station. This station should have separate hvac and totally away from receiving.

You cam have 5 tank 50 gallon each running on one system here. After receiving stage infections and loosing inventory to disease outbreak should be minimum.

Now in quarantine station each system of 5, fifty gallon tanks can further be divided onto
Copper power station
Prazi station
CP station
Antibiotic station
Tank transfer station etc

After receiving and observation for 3 or 4 days is over you can put different fishes in different stations.

Tanks can be bleached sterilized etc once inventory moves in quarantine station. You start over.

If this is lot of work
Atleast one system of 5 , fifty gallon tanks should have 120w UV installed in between each tank.

This way new inventory housed should lessen transmission between tanks.

I know your amazing and I am not trying to teach you. My Father was a chicken farmer in India and we used to move 100k chicken every 45 days.
For a small chicken to fully grown chicken weighing 5 lbs in 45 to 60 days.

So I understand your pain and have experience in livestock management.

We used similar techniques to make sure one chicken could never infect all 100k chicken.

Please don't take this wrong. I am a fan of your work. But I am sure if my suggestion is wrong there must be ways where you can reduce deaths to outbreaks.

OP
OP
Dr. Reef

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20200220_122228.jpg
20200220_122200.jpg
20200220_122233.jpg

OP
OP
Dr. Reef

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am just a well wisher, fellow business owner.
I read your statement about loosing fishes.

"I have 4 tanks (50 gal) each plumbed to 1 sump making it 1 system. I have 10 systems like that. If bacterial infection spreads or som aersol disease spreads, I dont lose 5 or 6 fish, I lose entire lots,
I had to shut down many times, bleach and start over in last 5 years. This Nov i lost entire inventory to bacterial infection."

This has me thinking for days. I wanted to help. So I have a suggestion.

For the first stage, receiving prospective fishes for quarantine should be divided into more tanks. Receiving inventory must have more independent tanks. This way loosing inventory to infections bacteria etc can be reduced.
I know that is a lot of work but will save you time and cash. You won't loose 60 fishes.

After receiving stage then there should be your quarantine station. This station should have separate hvac and totally away from receiving.

You cam have 5 tank 50 gallon each running on one system here. After receiving stage infections and loosing inventory to disease outbreak should be minimum.

Now in quarantine station each system of 5, fifty gallon tanks can further be divided onto
Copper power station
Prazi station
CP station
Antibiotic station
Tank transfer station etc

After receiving and observation for 3 or 4 days is over you can put different fishes in different stations.

Tanks can be bleached sterilized etc once inventory moves in quarantine station. You start over.

If this is lot of work
Atleast one system of 5 , fifty gallon tanks should have 120w UV installed in between each tank.

This way new inventory housed should lessen transmission between tanks.

I know your amazing and I am not trying to teach you. My Father was a chicken farmer in India and we used to move 100k chicken every 45 days.
For a small chicken to fully grown chicken weighing 5 lbs in 45 to 60 days.

So I understand your pain and have experience in livestock management.

We used similar techniques to make sure one chicken could never infect all 100k chicken.

Please don't take this wrong. I am a fan of your work. But I am sure if my suggestion is wrong there must be ways where you can reduce deaths to outbreaks.

Hi
Thank you for your comments and sharing your wisdom. I try to do just that when it comes to receving the fish.
They are held in 5 gal to 10 independant tanks for 1 week before i move them to main systems.
In that week they are given fresh water bath and few other meds and kept in copper.

But even then sometimes disease slips into main system.

Attachments

• 20181123_130255.jpg
    20181123_130255.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 118
  • 20200522_182514.jpg
    20200522_182514.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 105
  • 20200301_105316.jpg
    20200301_105316.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 97
  • 20200301_105303.jpg
    20200301_105303.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 100

ssdawood

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Dr reef
Your doing amazing work. Don't let little setup bother you.
Livestock raising requires a little luck too. You can do everything right and still loose animals.
Plus I don't think anyone provides service like this.
Hence your bombarded with requests.
I have sent couple requests and never received answer.
Hence I hang here. So I know your busy.

Good luck. Looking to do business in future.

OP
OP
Dr. Reef

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dr reef
Your doing amazing work. Don't let little setup bother you.
Livestock raising requires a little luck too. You can do everything right and still loose animals.
Plus I don't think anyone provides service like this.
Hence your bombarded with requests.
I have sent couple requests and never received answer.
Hence I hang here. So I know your busy.

Good luck. Looking to do business in future.
I am so sorry, please PM me your request here.

RMS18

I keep water chemistry as my hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
His phone has been disconnected for weeks now. Chat feature is turned on very little. It's very challenging to get a hold of Mike, emails are not returned promptly either. I currently have fish delayed by FedEx after I asked to use UPS for this exact reason. I had coral from Cali make it to ups today for 9am. 6 fish will be dead because of this and no word from these guys after a few emails today. FedEx overnight turned into 3 day shipping!

Last edited:

BirdFish5000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just noticed something else - look at the pictures of the fish on his website. They're literally just the pictures liveaquaria uses, but mirror imaged. Wow.

OP
OP
Dr. Reef

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys
i was down with covid for a little bit then was working on new website and new phone system.
Both are up now. And due to weather we were not shipping but now we are. So all is caught up on my end.
Now i am available on phone from 11am to 6pm central daily, (tue wed thu) i ship and pack fish, harder to answer.
Chat feature was there while i couldnt be on the phone due to covid hurting my throat and cough and etc.
Chat will still be there for people to get hold on me. But phone system will be primary way.

Last edited:

LOVEROCK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
guys
i was down with covid for a little bit then was working on new website and new phone system.
Both are up now. And due to weather we were not shipping but now we are. So all is caught up on my end.
Now i am available on phone from 11am to 6pm central daily, (tue wed thu) i ship and pack fish, harder to answer.
hi ! dr.reef still holding the golden rhomboid for me right ?

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 118 58.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 30.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 74 36.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 34 16.7%
  • Other

Votes: 60 29.6%
Back