CoralBox WiFi Dosing Pumps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there, was having the same issue so lets fix it: once u set it up the wifi network from doser and password 12345678 but remember when you were setting up your doser you were on airplane mode then the same every time you try to connect with your doser. Go again to airplane mode switch the Wi-Fi on and look for the doser network and then go and open your app and bada boom!!!! I did set up the home network but was happening the same thing that just happened to you so I prefer join the Doser network and do my changes or switch dosing times or whatever you want to do, then close the app and go back to your home network, this thing is like the skimmer set it and forget it!!!

Yeah seems like that's what I need to do as well. I joined it to my home network and now the app doesn't open at all. Should I just press the reset button and redo the initial setup? Thanks.

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For whatever reason now I can't get my app to work at all even when restarting my wifi on the unit. Every time I open the app it say using IPv6 but won't open, this all happened after trying to connect to my home wifi. I tried to reinstall the app and nothing.

Codym808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm so close to pulling the trigger on these to replace my jebao dp-4 but these issues are keeping me on the fence..

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm so close to pulling the trigger on these to replace my jebao dp-4 but these issues are keeping me on the fence..

I feel like this happens with all brand new dosers. But I must say I still feel like it has a lot of potential.

Codym808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like this happens with all brand new dosers. But I must say I still feel like it has a lot of potential.
I do see the potential in this doser, especially the small footprint and wireless control. Do you know if the doser is able to update its software since it has online access? If so, this doser will have the ability to fix bugs without having to purchase a "2.0 verision".

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It's the first shipment, so some minor issues with the app are possible, I will send this info to the software engineer and see about an update.

I do see the potential in this doser, especially the small footprint and wireless control. Do you know if the doser is able to update its software since it has online access? If so, this doser will have the ability to fix bugs without having to purchase a "2.0 verision".

Yes- the nano light uses similar tech and can be updated via your phone.

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is what I get now when I open the app. Nothing else loads after so I can't even access it anyway.

IMG_1216.PNG

sromero287

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is what I get now when I open the app. Nothing else loads after so I can't even access it anyway.

IMG_1216.PNG
Before you do anything first go to airplane mode then get the Wi-Fi on search for the dozer network join it if you didn't before the password 12345678 once u in, then go and open the app and bada boom bada boom!!!! Let me know if it work if not we will find a different route!!!!

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before you do anything first go to airplane mode then get the Wi-Fi on search for the dozer network join it if you didn't before the password 12345678 once u in, then go and open the app and bada boom bada boom!!!! Let me know if it work if not we will find a different route!!!!
See that was the weird thing. It worked without the airplane mode but then when I tried to add my home network into the settings, it stopped. But I just went back to the airplane mode and we are good to go! Thank you so much!!!

Codym808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Besides the difficulty off the app which is only software related, how is the build quality and overall impression to you guys who are already using this doser?

sromero287

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Besides the difficulty off the app which is only software related, how is the build quality and overall impression to you guys who are already using this doser?

Build quality at that price I think it's excellent, The whole body is made out of aluminum, the head dozers are plastic but solid and the best ever is the miniature size, half-size than any other Doser.

For all the reefers holding the trigger on this because of the (issues or problems) honestly there's no issue or problem is just a simple misinterpretation of the procedure instructions that's it, reefbreaders are taking care, but besides that it's an excellent little monster. And being a customer from a few vendors online, hands-down reefbreaders customer service it's just outstanding, so buy with confidence, you will not be regret it!!!!

cnmcalpi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mine in and installed last night, absolutely no issues. I did use airplane mode while connecting to the dosers wifi signal. The menus are actually pretty intuitive and not too chinglish. I had it calibrated and set up in no time. I also ordered the three section dosing reservoirs. I really like that the app keeps up with how much has been used and will alarm if it gets low. I give this doser a serious thumbs up, way way better than my old jebao. The Jebao will now do standby duty in case something goes wrong ill have some sort of doser on hand.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this going to go on sale anytime soon again?

cnmcalpi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just so everyone knows, after using this for a lil bit Ive found a few issues.

When you receive the unit, remove the pump heads, make sure the peristaltic tube is free and clear and not collapsed from shipping in one position.

Also, once you remove the heads, remove the head to motor plate adapted by squeezing the tabs, make sure that the screws that go into the motor(small phillips) and the screws that hold the motor plate to the housing are tight (small allen). The motor screws were loose on mine and caused the motor to back out, leaving the tube open and free, which caused a siphon and dumped soda ash solution in my tank and caused a precipitation event.

Not the end of the world, a basic fix. Just some due diligence needs to be performed before use.

Other than that, flawless.

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just so everyone knows, after using this for a lil bit Ive found a few issues.

When you receive the unit, remove the pump heads, make sure the peristaltic tube is free and clear and not collapsed from shipping in one position.

Also, once you remove the heads, remove the head to motor plate adapted by squeezing the tabs, make sure that the screws that go into the motor(small phillips) and the screws that hold the motor plate to the housing are tight (small allen). The motor screws were loose on mine and caused the motor to back out, leaving the tube open and free, which caused a siphon and dumped soda ash solution in my tank and caused a precipitation event.

Not the end of the world, a basic fix. Just some due diligence needs to be performed before use.

Other than that, flawless.
That is unusual- perhaps they didn't tighten them properly on yours, or maybe they came loose in shipping? Either way I will get in touch with the factory, perhaps a dab of thread-lock is in order.

SlvrZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how is the user interface for dosing? like are there windows and control ability like the jaboa's?
my GHL Doser2 just crapped out last night and wont let me connect via wifi (kind of hard to make adjustments now when i need to as there is no menu on the body.)
i'm kind of upset with the wifi stuff right now and was looking at going back to buttons but at the same time, reaching down under the stand is a pain... have a website i can go to to play with the user interface maybe?

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's easy
First u log in
The first screen after log in is the time of day and how much u are doseing a day. U can also change to manual or automatic doseing with a tab
There are two tabs at the bottom one to adjust ur daily doseing and another one to bring up another menu

In the other menu is where u can calibrate the heads adjust how many ml u have in ur doseing containers add to a wifi network set up what hours to dose what liquids and set up alarms.

All in all very easy to use kinda set it and forget it

When I get home I will take some screen shot for you

I recomend this unit Logan is great to work with and the product works as intended to do at half the price as other four head dosers.

SlvrZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it have some form of notification to warn your levels in the containers? Maybe an option to have it integrated with the breakout box of apex? That's one thing I really enjoyed about the ghl doser 2, being able to monitor usage without looking under.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back