CoralBox WiFi Dosing Pumps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

WallysWorld

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks again for fast responses.

will give 1) and 3) a try....I'm somewhat skeptical of 2)

for 3) I'm assuming you mean the end of the outflow tubing - correct?

FYI...I really do like this pump, and I'm very interested in getting it to work....its got so many other good things going for it!

Wally

WallysWorld

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watched air bubbles entering the line shortly after clearing them right at the check valve. I'm going to replace the check valves this weekend. I'm going to need some new tubing. From your website it looks like the tubing you recommend is 2mm ID and 4mm OD, correct? Will need to find some of this locally.

Any thoughts on "better" check valves?

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thing I have noticed with mine was ur always going to have those tiny air bubbles

So if u calibrate the doser with the bubbles in it you should be fine as that’s what I did for awhile until I wanted to be more precise that’s when I got a better doser and moved this to dosing peroxide and acropower (which Reminds me I have to recalibrate it it’s been over a year ) remember this isn’t a top of the line unit and to ask for it to perform like one is kinda crazy as if that’s what you want your going to have to pay the price for it.

As long as it doesn’t get stuck on or syphon all your fluids out I wouldnt be worrying about a couple little bubbles

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watched air bubbles entering the line shortly after clearing them right at the check valve. I'm going to replace the check valves this weekend. I'm going to need some new tubing. From your website it looks like the tubing you recommend is 2mm ID and 4mm OD, correct? Will need to find some of this locally.

Any thoughts on "better" check valves?

Yes the tubing is 2mm ID x 4mm OD. We offer it on our website in 10 foot lengths.

MikeA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used these in place of cable ties and they worked great. I got mine from RS Components but they're available from a variety of sources.

Nylon Snap Grip, 4.2mm Band Width, 5.6mm - 6.5mm Inside Diameter

cmNx9Z7.jpg

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I followed this guide and my doser is working great now...

Anybody convert the coral box dosing containers over to rodi bulkheads? I glued rodi line directly to the orange nipples that come with it but im hoping to trade those out for rodi bulkheads...

Saltysav96

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. Hoping one of yall could give me some feed back. I do love my coral box doser but would like to get this issue fixed.
I am dosing 2 part. Alk on channel 1 and cal on channel 2.
Both set to 23ml a day. For some reason channel 2 will not keep up with channel 1 and/or its not dosing/ staying calibrated.
What can i do to fit the issue so my doser will be accurate and reliable? Im not using check valves (i hear mix reviews) my output tubes are not submerged (mix reviews about that as well)
Im using the tubing that came with the doser. I did try and put zipties around the connections at the pump the other day to see if it would fix the issue. Could it be a bad pump head? I always try and check calibration every few weeks and always have to recalibrate it cause of it being off by a bit.

20181123_180913.jpg

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. Hoping one of yall could give me some feed back. I do love my coral box doser but would like to get this issue fixed.
I am dosing 2 part. Alk on channel 1 and cal on channel 2.
Both set to 23ml a day. For some reason channel 2 will not keep up with channel 1 and/or its not dosing/ staying calibrated.
What can i do to fit the issue so my doser will be accurate and reliable? Im not using check valves (i hear mix reviews) my output tubes are not submerged (mix reviews about that as well)
Im using the tubing that came with the doser. I did try and put zipties around the connections at the pump the other day to see if it would fix the issue. Could it be a bad pump head? I always try and check calibration every few weeks and always have to recalibrate it cause of it being off by a bit.

20181123_180913.jpg

Is the one that isn't keeping up getting air in the lines and losing its prime? We always recommend the check valves to keep the lines primed.

Saltysav96

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the one that isn't keeping up getting air in the lines and losing its prime? We always recommend the check valves to keep the lines primed.

Im not sure. That is the reason why i put the zip ties on the lines to see if it would help. But doesnt look like it has helped

WallysWorld

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spent several months trying to fix the issue with bubbles on the lines causing inaccuracies with the doser. I tried several different styles of check valves, different tubing with same I.D. but larger O.D. thicker tube walls might be better, I changed the location of the doser lowering it to reduce static pressure in the lines. I opened up all of the pump heads and re-positioned the silicon tubing to be squarely on the pump rollers. I even swapped the worst line with different pump heads. Swapping the pump heads caused the largest change in performance, but nothing I did stopped the bubbles from getting into the lines, and these are not the small bubbles that come from outgas of the liquid, I'm talking bubbles in the lines that are several cm in length.

My conclusion is the the pump heads have inconsistent clearances, or put another way poor quality. In the end I'm still using this pump, because I like it and we're not doing nuclear physics here. I focused on the amount of consumed liquid being dosed over long periods of time, and calculated a correction factor for each pump head. I use this correction factor to adjust the amount of fluid that the pump "thinks" its dosing and it reasonably corrects the output. This is a bit of a pain, and I suspect similar to what the "Calibrate" function does in the application, except it does it for more than a single dose cycle and over longer time, and attempts to correct for air in the lines that accumulates in between individual doses.

So @Savannah16 I'd swap heads around till you find the best two and then if necessary increase/decrease the dosing amount to get the true amount you want on average over time.

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received one of these dosers on Wednesday. Hoping to start setting it up later today or tomorrow. Haven't had much spare time this past week.

I post back on how it performs once it's up and running.

Saltysav96

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spent several months trying to fix the issue with bubbles on the lines causing inaccuracies with the doser. I tried several different styles of check valves, different tubing with same I.D. but larger O.D. thicker tube walls might be better, I changed the location of the doser lowering it to reduce static pressure in the lines. I opened up all of the pump heads and re-positioned the silicon tubing to be squarely on the pump rollers. I even swapped the worst line with different pump heads. Swapping the pump heads caused the largest change in performance, but nothing I did stopped the bubbles from getting into the lines, and these are not the small bubbles that come from outgas of the liquid, I'm talking bubbles in the lines that are several cm in length.

My conclusion is the the pump heads have inconsistent clearances, or put another way poor quality. In the end I'm still using this pump, because I like it and we're not doing nuclear physics here. I focused on the amount of consumed liquid being dosed over long periods of time, and calculated a correction factor for each pump head. I use this correction factor to adjust the amount of fluid that the pump "thinks" its dosing and it reasonably corrects the output. This is a bit of a pain, and I suspect similar to what the "Calibrate" function does in the application, except it does it for more than a single dose cycle and over longer time, and attempts to correct for air in the lines that accumulates in between individual doses.

So @Savannah16 I'd swap heads around till you find the best two and then if necessary increase/decrease the dosing amount to get the true amount you want on average over time.

Thats one thing im going to try was new heads, also thinking about doing the RO fitting upgrades on it as well

goober

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The doser wifi no longer shows up on my phones wifi list or my wifes. Ive tried unplugging it and also holding wifi reset. I used to just swap wifi networks to dosing_XXXX from my home network but it isnt even in the list anymore. Anyone have an ideas?

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The doser wifi no longer shows up on my phones wifi list or my wifes. Ive tried unplugging it and also holding wifi reset. I used to just swap wifi networks to dosing_XXXX from my home network but it isnt even in the list anymore. Anyone have an ideas?

If holding the reset button for 8 seconds doesn't work, you may need a new WiFi Chip. We stock these and they are easy to replace. You can contact us for a new one and this is covered under our 12 month warranty.

Before we do that, you may have connected your dosing pump to your home network. If that is the case, the dosing pump's wifi name will not show up. You can instead access it from the app while connected to your home network.

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Any update on these? I'm picking one up locally NIB.

Is it the Reefbreeders app? I downloaded it and it says that I can only add lights.

Is there a manual somewhere?

What size is the tubing?

Does it come with tubing?

Is there a reset button?

What's the default login credentials?

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back