CoralBox WiFi Dosing Pumps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All this issue over a doser that's not working the way most other doser dose, it stops when pump stops no back siphon.

Heavysledz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So would those of you that have had this dosing pump for a while now, would you recommend it or if you had to do it over again would you spend more money and get a more expensive brand with a more well known reputation for reliability? I need one to dose dKH buffer (2 part in the near future) and calcium as of now but like to have the option to dose up to 4 chemistries if needed.

Mrx7899

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had mine for 7 months or so it's doses very consistent I have no complaints with it for $170 bucks it works pretty good. If I had $400 to spend I would of got a ghl.

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had no issues with the doser for the ~1 year I've had it for. I would get another one if I had another tank I needed to dose.

CJS80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As rushbattle mentioned above, this is not completely true. Siphons are almost purely dependent on the potential energy difference between the two fluid levels.

This is calculated by PE = pg(h1-h2), where p= density of fluid, g=acceleration of gravity, h1 = height 1 of fluid and h2 = height 2 of fluid. This is true regardless of the path that the fluid takes. In other words, drip loops are irrelevant if output with drip loops is the same height output without drip loops.

You are right and I'm sorry. I was being very liberal when I used the term drip loop. I was trying to use it to describe a way to balance the potential energy so as to not create a siphon.

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are right and I'm sorry. I was being very liberal when I used the term drip loop. I was trying to use it to describe a way to balance the potential energy so as to not create a siphon.
No reason to apologize!

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take some air line start a siphon from 1 bucket to another. Then make a loop in it slowly raising the center where the 2 lines cross until the siphon stops. The gravity in the center of the loop can counteract the gravity pulling from each side.

We never recommend putting the dosing chemicals above the water level where you are dosing. Doing so may cause a siphon.

These pumps are built for precision dosing- they are not meant for high pressure applications, for example having the dosing chemicals placed above the pump, or lifting the water more than 30" to the aquarium.

gone_phishin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey i posted this in another thread, hopefully Reef Breeders can help

“i am having problems getting my doser to connect to my home wifi

i can connect to the “Dosing__” network, set up the doser and get it calibrated, but when i go to connect to my home network, enter in the wifi name and password, it fails and disconnects.

what am i doing wrong?”

also, after someone recommended i reset the box:
“i tried resetting it. this is driving me crazy.

everything works fine until i try to connect to my home network. it says something about the software will save, my phone connects to my home wifi, then when i open the app, the search doesn’t find the doser. i have to reset the app/doser, reconnect to the “Dosing_xxxx” network again in order for the app to find the doser”

help please!

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey i posted this in another thread, hopefully Reef Breeders can help

“i am having problems getting my doser to connect to my home wifi

i can connect to the “Dosing__” network, set up the doser and get it calibrated, but when i go to connect to my home network, enter in the wifi name and password, it fails and disconnects.

what am i doing wrong?”

also, after someone recommended i reset the box:
“i tried resetting it. this is driving me crazy.

everything works fine until i try to connect to my home network. it says something about the software will save, my phone connects to my home wifi, then when i open the app, the search doesn’t find the doser. i have to reset the app/doser, reconnect to the “Dosing_xxxx” network again in order for the app to find the doser”

help please!

I would recommend simply not connecting to your home network. Some routers are not compatible with the dosers, and they save the settings internally, so there is no need to stay connected.

Peds0602

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
please do tell us what exactly went wrong as my doser is exactly a year old. did all 4 pumps just pump out all 4 solutions ?

Sorry for late replay . Only 1 pump failed. I woke up to my tank looking like a snow globe and my 3rd dosing container was empty. I was running the unit for a little over a year . I kept the doser running with only ro in the containers and it worked fine. I removed the unit though. Luckily i only lost a couple coral.

Peds0602

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you drop a bomb like that and not have any explanation whatsoever? You only have 2 post so we would like to know more about your experience. Do you have any idea as to what happened? Did it back siphon on you? Did the pumps just keep spinning? What happened?

Sorry for not responding right away. I don’t believe it back siphoned as i keep the dosing containers mounted below sump water level . Never figured out exactly what happened. My trition solution a and b was mostly empty when i wok up but dosing unit was not stuck on . I let it run with out changing dosing settings with only ro water for a week and worked fine. Im guessing a software glitch. I switched over to the brs 1.1 ml dosers controlled by my reef-keeper. Since then i have not missed with the unit to find out what happend

WallysWorld

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just sent a message to ReefBuilders asking for help, but thought I'd also make a post here to see if anyone has some tips. I did have things working, straight out of the box, no issues, and worked for multiple days. But now after a week, when I did parameter testing and I wanted to adjust the daily dosage, I can't get the Doser to connect.

I can get the SSID signal on my phone and connect to the Doser, but not reliably, and the app never finds the Doser. The Doser sometimes does not want to accept the "12345678" password. Airplane Mode does allow me to see the Doser from my iPhone, but not always either. I ended up shutting down my home router, and then I had a more reliable time seeing the Dower SSID.

Help! All I wanted to do is adjust the daily dosage, and the dang thing is now completely off line, and I can't re-connect!

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just sent a message to ReefBuilders asking for help, but thought I'd also make a post here to see if anyone has some tips. I did have things working, straight out of the box, no issues, and worked for multiple days. But now after a week, when I did parameter testing and I wanted to adjust the daily dosage, I can't get the Doser to connect.

I can get the SSID signal on my phone and connect to the Doser, but not reliably, and the app never finds the Doser. The Doser sometimes does not want to accept the "12345678" password. Airplane Mode does allow me to see the Doser from my iPhone, but not always either. I ended up shutting down my home router, and then I had a more reliable time seeing the Dower SSID.

Help! All I wanted to do is adjust the daily dosage, and the dang thing is now completely off line, and I can't re-connect!

Hey Wally, we already got back to you via email and are sending a new dosing pump body asap.

miniChou

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The doser works great, but getting the app to connect to the doser is finicky at best. If you're using something like an iPad I typically have to restart the app several times before I can get the app to find and connect to the doser. This means doubling tapping the home button and killing the app by swiping it away. Then open the app again and hope it finds it. Typically, I have to do this like 3-4 times before it connects - it's annoying. But I've found the doser to be accurate and consistent.

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The doser works great, but getting the app to connect to the doser is finicky at best. If you're using something like an iPad I typically have to restart the app several times before I can get the app to find and connect to the doser. This means doubling tapping the home button and killing the app by swiping it away. Then open the app again and hope it finds it. Typically, I have to do this like 3-4 times before it connects - it's annoying. But I've found the doser to be accurate and consistent.

The App works with the iPad, however it is not formatted for it, so that may cause some issues. I will ask the engineers about getting an iPad specific version made for these.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 202 71.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 21 7.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 53 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 2.8%
Back