CoralBox WiFi Dosing Pumps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Merv49

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3903CBAF-B0A8-44AD-A548-BF709249C28A.jpeg

Mrx7899

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I recall some people have had more success with the red check valves
6641da20e0dbdaf57dc2776ac8ed235a.jpg
Those are the ones I m using. I'm also using 1/8th inside diameter tubing it's makes a tighter seal around the fittings. It could be the head not pinching the line enough or a small air leak in the line that's letting it loose pressure in the line and letting fluid leak out.

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't get why there would be siphon unless the heads don't pinch the tube tight enough.

Mrx7899

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If there's not a good seal around the fittings of the dosing head it will drip even if the dosing head is pinching the line.It will drip because air will get in there and It lose pressure. But mostly the heads are not pinching the line hard enough.

Merv49

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is what I’m thinking but have no idea how to fix. It’s a good price for the pump but overdosing is a serious flaw if it can’t be fixed. Unfortunately I bought two of these pumps. I may have to figure a way to mount the pumps much lower instead of on the wall above my sump.

Last edited:

Mrx7899

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is what I’m thinking but have no idea how to fix. It’s a good price for the pump but overdosing is a serious flaw if it can’t be fixed. Unfortunately I bought two of these pumps. I may have to figure a way to mount the pumps much lower instead of on the wall above my sump.
You could try wrapping some duct tape or something like that around the output shaft of the motor that would put more pressure on the rollers putting more pressure on the line. I had an old jedao pump that dripped and I put a piece shrink wrap around the output shaft of the motor and it stop it from leaking. But if it's not a year old it's still under warranty so I would email them about it maybe they could sending you a heads.

Merv49

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve found out that this pump will not prevent siphoning from the dosing container to my sump if the dosing containers are above the sump. I’ve reconfigured my setup to compensate. Working fine now.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't get why there would be siphon unless the heads don't pinch the tube tight enough.

It is either that or there is only two head and they are not always touching the tube but I suspect what you said is right. Either way it would also explain the accuracy issues too. You should not need a check valve...
Lucky I read this I was looking at this unit since I need another unit for my other tank. I just wanted something a little cheaper than my GHL.

Merv49

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In hindsight the check valves explain that the pump heads don’t have a complete seal and since you can’t put a check valve to prevent siphoning in both directions care must be taken to keep the dosing containers lower than the discharge points. I like the ease of use and programming with this pump. I just would have appreciated clearer instructions.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The way I see it this doseing pump is what u pay for

In saying that I like it for what it is and it was a great beginner dosing pump

but if you have a five foot tube filled with fluid the weight of the fluid plus the weight of gravity will cause a syphon as the heads aren’t meant for that it’s not a Dos or a ghl but if set up correctly it does the job

Peds0602

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Old thread but since im looking for a new doser as my coral box failed and dumped my triton solution into my tank figured i post my experience after a year of use on the coral box doser

fishbox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Old thread but since im looking for a new doser as my coral box failed and dumped my triton solution into my tank figured i post my experience after a year of use on the coral box doser
Glad you posted this. I was thinking of getting one but might have to rethink that

Motts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
please do tell us what exactly went wrong as my doser is exactly a year old. did all 4 pumps just pump out all 4 solutions ?

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm coming up on almost a year of use (Purchased May 2017) with this dosing pump. I try calibrate it monthly, but sometimes get lazy and only calibrate it every 2-3 months. The largest drift I've seen is about a -10% volume over the course of 2-3 months. It's worked pretty darned well for me; I use it to dose moderate volumes Aquaforest Component 1,2,3 as well as small EasyBooster Phyto. I have it set up so each doser head doses every hour.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 35 53.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 7.7%
Back