CoralBox WiFi Dosing Pumps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So our home is broadband, not cable,dish network,etc.... so I upload app, from phone and the doser talks direct to smartphone? Please let me know
The doser puts out it's on wifi signal that you can connect to with your phone!

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Old thread but since im looking for a new doser as my coral box failed and dumped my triton solution into my tank figured i post my experience after a year of use on the coral box doser

How do you drop a bomb like that and not have any explanation whatsoever? You only have 2 post so we would like to know more about your experience. Do you have any idea as to what happened? Did it back siphon on you? Did the pumps just keep spinning? What happened?

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you drop a bomb like that and not have any explanation whatsoever? You only have 2 post so we would like to know more about your experience. Do you have any idea as to what happened? Did it back siphon on you? Did the pumps just keep spinning? What happened?
Good point. I’d guess it was a siphon issue. These are not designed to seal completely, the dosing containers should have a lower fluid level than the water being dosed into.

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is how I have mine setup. I do not think I would have to worry about siphon issues.

e57031af8edb2a82cf98c4dff2150f20.jpg

fishbox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good point. I’d guess it was a siphon issue. These are not designed to seal completely, the dosing containers should have a lower fluid level than the water being dosed into.
So the fluid in the dosing containers needs to be lower than the water level in my sump?

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not quite. The fluid in the dosing containers needs to be lower than the output tubing!
Which will be the water level height, because the dosing lines cannot (in this particular case) go lower than the water level and still be dosing into the water unless you submerge them. Submerging the dosing lines is not recommended for a number of reasons. Precipitation, biofouling, etc.

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MI, if u don’t mind me asking where did you get the tall white container?

Only the best shopping place on planet earth and soon Mars ;)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007MSI79Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

BRS it a close 2nd, sorry guys but much love ;Happy

I love them, I have another one for my DT. If like me without a basement or having you tank next to your RO/DI unit, that to me is the next best thing. Forget about paying $100+ for an acrylic ATO container (with much less capacity), that is nuts. Makes me want to ;Vomit

Last edited:

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have them much larger as well than the ones I purchased. I easily get a week before having to fill them. I used to use the 5 gallon jugs but was tired of having to replace water every few days. Plus it was throwing off my doser feeding my kalk stirrer with the 5 gallon jugs. Won't look back.

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which will be the water level height, because the dosing lines cannot (in this particular case) go lower than the water level and still be dosing into the water unless you submerge them. Submerging the dosing lines is not recommended for a number of reasons. Precipitation, biofouling, etc.
I personally have the dosing line outputs 3-4 inches above the water level in my sump. That's how the dosing lines in my sump prebuilt.

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can run dosing containers higher, you just need to even out the force on both lines so it is not creating a siphon or back siphon. It is easy to do with a drip loop on dosing lines.
What? That is a bunch of nonsense. I’m not saying you are necessarily wrong, just that it doesn’t seem to actually mean anything or make sense. How do you think a drip loop can counteract a siphon?

Please provide an example of what you are referring to. Thanks!

CJS80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take some air line start a siphon from 1 bucket to another. Then make a loop in it slowly raising the center where the 2 lines cross until the siphon stops. The gravity in the center of the loop can counteract the gravity pulling from each side.

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://www.firsttankguide.net/siphon.php

If you read under stopping a siphon what I said about the drip loop was using it to equalize the water in/out.
There is no mention of a drip loop in that article. It even explains that the relative fluid levels determine whether the siphon will flow. Please stop sharing bad advice. These dosers work really well and are affordable, but if folks kill their tanks with them thinking a drip loop will prevent a siphon, their reputation will be tarnished. Folks that pay attention to reputation will pay much more for their dosers in the future.

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://www.firsttankguide.net/siphon.php

If you read under stopping a siphon what I said about the drip loop was using it to equalize the water in/out.
As rushbattle mentioned above, this is not completely true. Siphons are almost purely dependent on the potential energy difference between the two fluid levels.

This is calculated by PE = pg(h1-h2), where p= density of fluid, g=acceleration of gravity, h1 = height 1 of fluid and h2 = height 2 of fluid. This is true regardless of the path that the fluid takes. In other words, drip loops are irrelevant if output with drip loops is the same height output without drip loops.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 30.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 53 81.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.6%
Back