CoralBox WiFi Dosing Pumps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If there is a power outage , does it save the memory for dosing when power returns???

It does in fact save the program through power outages. There is an internal hard drive that saves all the settings.

Hello ; i am interested in the doser, but i have a question.
Is this doser a 'true' wifi bit of equipment that can be controlled remotely (i.e. control the doser when i am away from the tank on vacation)?
or
Is the doser only controllable when i am in the immediate vicinity of the doser?

On the go control is nice- however it is really not ideal. You really can't dose your tank without first testing the water chemistry. If you can't do that remotely- why change your dosage remotely? Adjustments to any dosing system should be far and few-between once you have the system dialed in. Changing your doser on the go is not something that is recommended.

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does in fact save the program through power outages. There is an internal hard drive that saves all the settings.

On the go control is nice- however it is really not ideal. You really can't dose your tank without first testing the water chemistry. If you can't do that remotely- why change your dosage remotely? Adjustments to any dosing system should be far and few-between once you have the system dialed in. Changing your doser on the go is not something that is recommended.
Are replacement heads available? What is the warranty on these pumps??

tenurepro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remote control would be a great feature IMHO; there are already several machines for testing KH, and the apex is set to release their auto KH/CA/Mg testing machine. it would be great if you can adjust the doser in light of the remote testing results (if you are away on vacation for example, and you notice that your ALK is dropping, it would be very nice to just log onto the doser and increase the dose of alk)

kmagyar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had one of these for over 1 year now. I have had no problems with it. For piece of mind, I calibrate the heads monthly.

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remote control would be a great feature IMHO; there are already several machines for testing KH, and the apex is set to release their auto KH/CA/Mg testing machine. it would be great if you can adjust the doser in light of the remote testing results (if you are away on vacation for example, and you notice that your ALK is dropping, it would be very nice to just log onto the doser and increase the dose of alk)

I’m not a networking guru, but I think this is possible if you set up a vpn into your home network. Will likely require a third party service. Then you can adjust as needed. But I agree, it’s not ideal.

Gil03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the market for a doser but having read these posts it seems a bit crazy to trust this particular doser in my system. ;Nailbiting

Mrx7899

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine has been running fine for months only issue with it is that I have to run check valves up on two of the heads or the fluid will drain back into the reservoir. Other than that it's been pretty accurate and easy to change dosing amounts. For the price it's pretty good you can't compare it to the higher price models cuz it's not.

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the market for a doser but having read these posts it seems a bit crazy to trust this particular doser in my system. ;Nailbiting

I’m happy with mine. Stays in calibration better than I thought. I only use it to dose traces, not alk, so if it drifts it’s no problem anyhow. The firmware/software has worked well.

Merv49

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have a problem wit my doser that I can’t figure out. I’ve go my doser mounted five feet above my sump with dosing containers below the dosing pump. I’m dosing my two part out of gallon jugs and dosing Zeostart fro a dosing container. What’s happening is the solution for my two part mixtures will continually drip when the pump is off and the zeostart in the dosing container does not drip at all. What could I be doing wrong?

Mrx7899

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a problem wit my doser that I can’t figure out. I’ve go my doser mounted five feet above my sump with dosing containers below the dosing pump. I’m dosing my two part out of gallon jugs and dosing Zeostart fro a dosing container. What’s happening is the solution for my two part mixtures will continually drip when the pump is off and the zeostart in the dosing container does not drip at all. What could I be doing wrong?
I had that problem with two of my heads I put a check valve in between the dosing pump and dosing container and it stop.

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like it’s siphoning through the dosing head. Dosing containers need to be below the water level in the sump.

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Doser should never sip hi on when stop. Means the head isn't pinching the tube right enough.

Merv49

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had that problem with two of my heads I put a check valve in between the dosing pump and dosing container and it stop.

I have the check valves installed on all the lines but the check valve prevents fluid from coming back to dosing container I don’t know why fluids continue to drain into my sump when pumps are off

CNDReef

Formally Toomanyfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the reservoir higher than the outlet of the line? Is the line underwater?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back