OP
OP
A

AvaS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool! its exciting to get a your first fish in there. They look awesome to.

I wouldn't worry about a PH of 8.1! Its well within acceptable range.

Also most people don't recommend Ph buffers. Heres a quote from Randy.

"Buffers alone are not generally a good method for raising pH because they raise pH relatively little, and often result in excessive alkalinity. Unfortunately, the labels on many commercial buffers are written in ways that convince aquarists that their pH will be fine if they just add some buffer. More often than not, the pH is not improved for more than a day, and the alkalinity rises above desired limits."

From his website here.
http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2007-05/rhf/index.php

Just a heads up!
Oh no! Should I be worried if I added one dose of it?! I did it yesterday and definitely won’t add again! It was stable at between 8.0-8.1 since the tank was up and when I had my LFS test it yesterday to be safe my LFS advised to add buffer! Now I wish I didn’t! It is too late or I should just not add again and do a water change soon?!

OP
OP
A

AvaS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And thanks about the fish! It is super exciting! They are a beautiful pair that swim side by side! The little one ( presumably a male) chases the larger (supposed female) around until they nestle swimming together! They were so happy and for such a great price at the LFS I couldn’t resist! $20 for the pair because I had a credit!

Justfebreezeit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no! Should I be worried if I added one dose of it?! I did it yesterday and definitely won’t add again! It was stable at between 8.0-8.1 since the tank was up and when I had my LFS test it yesterday to be safe my LFS advised to add buffer! Now I wish I didn’t! It is too late or I should just not add again and do a water change soon?!

Don't be alarmed! One dose isn't harmful at all.

I love watching my clowns as well they are real goofballs

OP
OP
A

AvaS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't be alarmed! One dose isn't harmful at all.

I love watching my clowns as well they are real goofballs
Whew! Not going to lie I just had a mini heart attack lol. I have seen a lot of people add a second dose of fritz because there isn’t much going on for the cycle right now. What does everyone think??

count krunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think you added the fish too soon, as stated earlier it's recommended practice to add an ammonia source to the tank first, even if the rock is cycled, just to make sure.

keep an eye on the ammonia level in the tank, it needs to stay at 0. do not add ammonia at this point in time, the fish are now the ammonia source.

OP
OP
A

AvaS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think you added the fish too soon, as stated earlier it's recommended practice to add an ammonia source to the tank first, even if the rock is cycled, just to make sure.

keep an eye on the ammonia level in the tank, it needs to stay at 0. do not add ammonia at this point in time, the fish are now the ammonia source.
Oh no! Ok thanks. I didn’t realize it may be too early. My poor clowns :(. I will make sure to keep an eye on it to make sure they are ok. Anyone have any name ideas?

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 60 33.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 32.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back