Newb

PinayPanda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! Newbie reefer here from KS! My hubs & I got into this hobby a couple months back. Initially he was the one interested in starting SW tank so we went to check out the nearest stores (which is an hr away in KC area). It didn’t take long to be sold on the idea after seeing all the gorgeous corals. I’ve poured myself into absorbing all the different info around the web and endless videos. It seems I’m more of the research & design behind this aquarium while my husband has been the construction & maintenance crew lol

Tank is a 75g reef ready with only 2 clowns (Jay-Sea & Beyoncé) & 2 green chromis (Bill & Ted) in the display so far. Current livestock in QT’s are Midas blenny, Pintail wrasse, & a Red velvet wrasse. Inverts in coral QT are a couple of turbos & an emerald crab. So far only frags I have are a duncan, torch, couple zoas, paly, few acans, pulsing xenia, and a couple different toadstool & finger leathers.

I don’t think my husband or our bank account was prepared for me to develop such an addiction to this hobby lol. Hopefully among fellow newbs, experienced enthusiasts, & recovering reefers, I came to the right place here at R2R for any support and advice along the way!:)

BDA656BA-C5DD-4AD3-B08E-BB9A0EC1A76B.jpeg

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and thanks for signing up. And yes, you've come to the right place for support and advice. Plenty of willing and able folks here to help you along your journey. :)

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! Newbie reefer here from KS! My hubs & I got into this hobby a couple months back. Initially he was the one interested in starting SW tank so we went to check out the nearest stores (which is an hr away in KC area). It didn’t take long to be sold on the idea after seeing all the gorgeous corals. I’ve poured myself into absorbing all the different info around the web and endless videos. It seems I’m more of the research & design behind this aquarium while my husband has been the construction & maintenance crew lol

Tank is a 75g reef ready with only 2 clowns (Jay-Sea & Beyoncé) & 2 green chromis (Bill & Ted) in the display so far. Current livestock in QT’s are Midas blenny, Pintail wrasse, & a Red velvet wrasse. Inverts in coral QT are a couple of turbos & an emerald crab. So far only frags I have are a duncan, torch, couple zoas, paly, few acans, pulsing xenia, and a couple different toadstool & finger leathers.

I don’t think my husband or our bank account was prepared for me to develop such an addiction to this hobby lol. Hopefully among fellow newbs, experienced enthusiasts, & recovering reefers, I came to the right place here at R2R for any support and advice along the way!:)

BDA656BA-C5DD-4AD3-B08E-BB9A0EC1A76B.jpeg
Welcome, comrade

1 of 27

Screenshot_2019-10-02-09-26-32.png

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back