Newb

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! Patience, a willingness to learn, water quality, lighting, and being a part of this amazing community are all key factors - we're glad you're here!

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1570099082770.png

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! Newbie reefer here from KS! My hubs & I got into this hobby a couple months back. Initially he was the one interested in starting SW tank so we went to check out the nearest stores (which is an hr away in KC area). It didn’t take long to be sold on the idea after seeing all the gorgeous corals. I’ve poured myself into absorbing all the different info around the web and endless videos. It seems I’m more of the research & design behind this aquarium while my husband has been the construction & maintenance crew lol

Tank is a 75g reef ready with only 2 clowns (Jay-Sea & Beyoncé) & 2 green chromis (Bill & Ted) in the display so far. Current livestock in QT’s are Midas blenny, Pintail wrasse, & a Red velvet wrasse. Inverts in coral QT are a couple of turbos & an emerald crab. So far only frags I have are a duncan, torch, couple zoas, paly, few acans, pulsing xenia, and a couple different toadstool & finger leathers.

I don’t think my husband or our bank account was prepared for me to develop such an addiction to this hobby lol. Hopefully among fellow newbs, experienced enthusiasts, & recovering reefers, I came to the right place here at R2R for any support and advice along the way!:)

BDA656BA-C5DD-4AD3-B08E-BB9A0EC1A76B.jpeg

Welcome to R2R, PinayPanda.

Jeff Jarry reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! Newbie reefer here from KS! My hubs & I got into this hobby a couple months back. Initially he was the one interested in starting SW tank so we went to check out the nearest stores (which is an hr away in KC area). It didn’t take long to be sold on the idea after seeing all the gorgeous corals. I’ve poured myself into absorbing all the different info around the web and endless videos. It seems I’m more of the research & design behind this aquarium while my husband has been the construction & maintenance crew lol

Tank is a 75g reef ready with only 2 clowns (Jay-Sea & Beyoncé) & 2 green chromis (Bill & Ted) in the display so far. Current livestock in QT’s are Midas blenny, Pintail wrasse, & a Red velvet wrasse. Inverts in coral QT are a couple of turbos & an emerald crab. So far only frags I have are a duncan, torch, couple zoas, paly, few acans, pulsing xenia, and a couple different toadstool & finger leathers.

I don’t think my husband or our bank account was prepared for me to develop such an addiction to this hobby lol. Hopefully among fellow newbs, experienced enthusiasts, & recovering reefers, I came to the right place here at R2R for any support and advice along the way!:)

BDA656BA-C5DD-4AD3-B08E-BB9A0EC1A76B.jpeg
Welcome to R2R!!! Really nice looking tank !!!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back