Newbie and 1st time reefer

KyleC

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 7, 2023
Messages
329
Reaction score
197
Location
Northern Ireland, Belfast
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,

I'm super excited to say I've set up my first ever saltwater aquarium. I bought it over the weekend, 300 ltr (and maybe 30ltr sump) Aqua one (second hand). It was already established with a selection of corals, rocks, a porcupine puffer, blue chromis, several blue legged hermit crabs, a few snails, one starfish, and a lot of Aiptasia

I had to transfer everything to my home and set it all up last night. Corals are opening and seem OK, puffer has ich I think, and after testing, my ammonia and nitrate levels are high!

A lot to try and tackle for a beginner! I changed 50 litrs sw after the move. Kept original sand and most water.

Not sure what I should prioritise first! Ammonia I guess?

Screenshot_20230304_101127_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20230304_101109_Chrome.jpg 16781934875658740900795858395131.jpg 16781935184414333120400412893688.jpg
 
Last edited:
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
View attachment 3052614
Hi Everyone,

I'm super excited to say I've set up my first ever saltwater aquarium. I bought it over the weekend, 300 ltr (and maybe 30ltr sump) Aqua one (second hand). It was already established with a selection of corals, rocks, a porcupine puffer, blue chromis, several blue legged hermit crabs, a few snails, one starfish, and a lot of Aiptasia

I had to transfer everything to my home and set it all up last night. Corals are opening and seem OK, puffer has ich I think, and after testing, my ammonia and nitrate levels are high!

A lot to try and tackle for a beginner! I changed 50 litrs sw after the move. Kept original sand and most water.

Not sure what I should prioritise first! Ammonia I guess?

Screenshot_20230304_101127_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20230304_101109_Chrome.jpg 16781934875658740900795858395131.jpg 16781935184414333120400412893688.jpg
Thanks everyone ☺️ time to start sifting through threads to tackle these issues!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new