Welcome to R2R!

PTXReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

Brand new to forums and saltwater. Currently have what some would call an uncomfortable amount of freshwater aquariums in my home. ;) After years of drooling over reef tanks finally convinced the wife to let me start my first 29 gallon reef. I have the tank, sand and stand built. Waiting on dry base rock to do my hardscape. I'm beyond excited, I know this whole hobby is about patience but I'm like a kid in December waiting for Christmas.

Any recommendations for personalble/interesting fish and corals for a saltwater newbie that will work for a 29 gallon?

Looking forward to learning from all of you!

Chris

Hi Chris, welcome to R2R and the reefing world!!

I also started with a 29 gallon but very shortly upgraded to a 95 gallon Wave. I really liked the yellow watchman goby and tiger pistol shrimp symbiosis! Definitely had to get some clownfish (looking into some designer clowns now but still love my two ocellaris). And once you upgrade, maybe some tangs like Dory!

As for corals, fell in love with euphyllia and leathers right off the bat! Mostly LPS and softies in the tanks!
giphy.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
A belated welcome to the R2R community

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

Brand new to forums and saltwater. Currently have what some would call an uncomfortable amount of freshwater aquariums in my home. ;) After years of drooling over reef tanks finally convinced the wife to let me start my first 29 gallon reef. I have the tank, sand and stand built. Waiting on dry base rock to do my hardscape. I'm beyond excited, I know this whole hobby is about patience but I'm like a kid in December waiting for Christmas.

Any recommendations for personalble/interesting fish and corals for a saltwater newbie that will work for a 29 gallon?

Looking forward to learning from all of you!

Chris
hello and welcome

Back