OP
OP
P

Pfeffer_16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for the welcoming replies. I had a couple questions for advise.
1. When should we turn the protein skimmer on?
2. What is the best way to make aquascaping stable in the tank, as we are ordering 80 pounds of rock?
We have used the protein skimmer before but I know it has a break in period, and I am wondering if we need to turn it on right away? We started our tank up a few days ago, have the parameters all ok as we used stress coat and quick start from API, as I always use and trust it. Salt is good as well. Rock will be added this week, then we plan to add some extra quick start to help the tank with more bacteria, then get ready for our shipment from liveaquaria.com
Thanks everyone!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you all for the welcoming replies. I had a couple questions for advise.
1. When should we turn the protein skimmer on?
2. What is the best way to make aquascaping stable in the tank, as we are ordering 80 pounds of rock?
We have used the protein skimmer before but I know it has a break in period, and I am wondering if we need to turn it on right away? We started our tank up a few days ago, have the parameters all ok as we used stress coat and quick start from API, as I always use and trust it. Salt is good as well. Rock will be added this week, then we plan to add some extra quick start to help the tank with more bacteria, then get ready for our shipment from liveaquaria.com
Thanks everyone!

@Pfeffer_16 - here are a couple of responses to your questions:

1 - Some people turn their skimmer on right from the beginning and other wait until they have an established bio load.

2 - add the rock before you add the sand. Although some attached the rock pieces to each other I just make sure that they are stack securely. Invariably you will want to move a piece or rescape at some point.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 44 29.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 41 27.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.3%
Back