kimbericson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am new to the Saltwater Tank World but have a son who has a 30 gallon tank that we are housing for him while he moves.
As a result of our housing his tank, we are now the owners of our own 40 gallon cube ...

Through my taking on my son's tank and me starting up my own, we have found an awesome new topic to bond over. It has been a lot of fun having discussions about our tanks. His is going through some changes since the move (algae bloom, bristle worm takeover and an aggressive fish that had to be removed). Through this I have learned a lot about how I want to proceed with my tank and what fish I would like to have in my tank.

My tank has been up and running for about 2 months now and I have 1 clown and a second in my QT tank right now waiting to join her.

I plan to eventually have a few soft corals in my tank as well but am going to add a feather duster as my first tank mate other than fish. The feather duster I would LOVE to add would be a Campfire Feather, they are cool looking!

I have a list of other fish I like but need advise on which ones would be peaceful, when to add which ones and how many I can have of each one. I am hopeful that through this group I might be able to get some guidance.

The fish I am considering are the following (not necessarily planning on all of them though, just a list of the ones I like).

Pajama Cardinal (I was thinking 2-3 of them)

Lawnmower Blenny (1)

Zebra Barred Dartfish ( 3??? I'm not sure about this one, aren't they aggressive?)

Green Clown Goby (1 for sure want one of these cute littles)

Orchid Dottyback (will keep bristle worms in check, LFS suggested this in a tank as clean-up crew but I wonder if they are aggressive? How many should I have if I do have it?)

Pink Streakewd Wrasse (1, would this one be peaceful for is it possible it would become aggressive?)

I am looking forward to reading others beginner stories and getting info from their posts.

Thank you for welcoming me!

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
giphy.gif

Welcome to R2R!!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 11 8.3%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 37 28.0%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 63 47.7%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 13.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back