Newest of the Newbs

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard, we were all there once!!!
ZomboMeme 19012021085850.jpg

ultraArcite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,
New to saltwater tanks but have plenty of freshwater experience. I think all the equipment I see pictured on websites or magazines has intimidated me up 'til now. Never understood what a protein skimmer was, let alone what a "frag" is. Now trying to learn all the new vocabulary and abbreviations, especially with the corals. If you see me asking a dumb question, just grimace to yourself in privacy while remembering what a rank novice I am. (Thank you.). See you Around! Marimo
Welcome to the party! I'm in about the same boat as you are, working on my first reef and boy is it a learning curve from freshwater.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,
New to saltwater tanks but have plenty of freshwater experience. I think all the equipment I see pictured on websites or magazines has intimidated me up 'til now. Never understood what a protein skimmer was, let alone what a "frag" is. Now trying to learn all the new vocabulary and abbreviations, especially with the corals. If you see me asking a dumb question, just grimace to yourself in privacy while remembering what a rank novice I am. (Thank you.). See you Around! Marimo
Deciphering Hobby Talk
Hi Marimo! Just follow this link and bookmark it. This thread was created a long time ago to decipher all of the acronyms we throw about around here.
Welcome to the party!!
Fox Dancing GIF by Kochstrasse™ .agency

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,
Hi Marimo and Welcome!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back