Newly added hammer and frogspawn releasing tentacles

  • Thread starter Thread starter sprungson
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

sprungson

Anemone Lover
View Badges
Joined
May 20, 2019
Messages
670
Reaction score
590
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I followed the acclimation protocol. Floated for about 30 minutes. Dripped for a bit, dipped for 15 min. Super glued them to rock.

I think I accidentally irritated then when holding them down for 20 seconds to let the glue form a bond. My fingers pinched their poylps a little. Are they just stressed or did I trigger a slow death for them? My alkalinity is 8.25, salinity is 35 ppm, temp is 78F. No ammonia or nitrate.
20190601_141255.jpg
20190601_141248.jpg
 
They just look stressed. Give it some time. When i move my torches from time to time i always end up pinching snd cutting tentacles. They recover just fine
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new