Newly calibrated Salinity probe readings keep climbing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

DoctaReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just installed my apex today and the salinity probe calibrated correctly in the solution, according to the dashboard. When i put it in the sump however, the salinity keeps climbing..started at approximately 30, and has been steadily rising since. 10 min later its at 50...
Any ideas what's going on?

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have that probe, but I believe interfernce can be an issue. Is that probe ran next to any other probes? I thought I saw someone else having issues with it, when they isolated it from the other probes it worked fine.

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you getting bubbles in your tank? I noticed when bubbles escape from my skimmer the salinity probe traps them and this screws with the reading.

OP
OP
DoctaReef

DoctaReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have that probe, but I believe interfernce can be an issue. Is that probe ran next to any other probes? I thought I saw someone else having issues with it, when they isolated it from the other probes it worked fine.
I actually did move it, and it seemed to work better, but then crept up again this morning... was wondering if it was defective more than anything else, but its nice to know others have had the same issue...

OP
OP
DoctaReef

DoctaReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you getting bubbles in your tank? I noticed when bubbles escape from my skimmer the salinity probe traps them and this screws with the reading.
I actually don't have my skimmer running yet. I tried to shake and turn it to make sure all the bubbles were out, but no luck.

Cheng

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mines did the same, it’s a known issue you can search forums about other people with the same problems with the salinity prob. Ended up going down to the eL version.

OP
OP
DoctaReef

DoctaReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mines did the same, it’s a known issue you can search forums about other people with the same problems with the salinity prob. Ended up going down to the eL version.

Are the probes different? I can't tell.

Cheng

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the probes different? I can't tell.
No, it’s the version without the salinity and orp probes. Done with trying to get it to work correctly. The eL version only comes with the temp and pH witch are the only two that I really need to use. I just went back to a refractometer for salinity.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back