May 24th, first coral (GSP)
upload_2018-5-31_7-55-16.jpeg

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Nice start. How many gallons?

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be a challenge and probably have to be a tank dedicated to the anemone and skunks.

Heteractis malu can grow to 12-18 inches. Short tentacles. They tend to bury their foot in deep sand, but sometimes plant in the rock work. I would say that tank would be small but it could work with great care. Probably will not be much room for coral (any the anemone could reach would be at great risk).

A pair of Skunks could work, although this anemone is not their natural host. I would recommend adding an anemone first to get settled, then add the skunks. They are more likely to be hosted finding it in their new environment rather than if they are already established in the aquarium. The anemone should be large enough to host clowns, 2-3 times the the size per clownfish. 3-5 skunks may work for that size tank if they were the only fish and the anemone were large enough, perhaps. A pair might work better.

OP
OP
Cheng

Cheng

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be a challenge and probably have to be a tank dedicated to the anemone and skunks.

Heteractis malu can grow to 12-18 inches. Short tentacles. They tend to bury their foot in deep sand, but sometimes plant in the rock work. I would say that tank would be small but it could work with great care. Probably will not be much room for coral (any the anemone could reach would be at great risk).

A pair of Skunks could work, although this anemone is not their natural host. I would recommend adding an anemone first to get settled, then add the skunks. They are more likely to be hosted finding it in their new environment rather than if they are already established in the aquarium. The anemone should be large enough to host clowns, 2-3 times the the size per clownfish. 3-5 skunks may work for that size tank if they were the only fish and the anemone were large enough, perhaps. A pair might work better.

Thanks for great information. Tank will be dedicated for just clowns and nem. If it doesn’t work out they will be take out.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back