next fish?

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for an open water swimmer for my reef. The tank dimensions are 60"x12''x20". right now the scape fills the better part of the bottom half, and fish love to dart in and out of the scape. but the top and really open areas are open.

Current stock is: blue eyed kole, foxface, falco hawkfish, 2x black occelaris, firefish, probably an orchid dottyback (haven't seen in a bit but life did what it does and I haven't spent much time focussing on the tank), there may be a gren manderin in there too.

fully mixed reef and the hawkfish can be a bit bold.

wrasse are on the table and high on my want list but only after I fix potential jumper holes.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Anthias, Green Chromises, Cardinalfish, Flasher or Fairy Wrasse, Springeris Damselfish, Starry or Lawnmower Blenny, Fang Blenny, Hector's or Court Jester Goby, Twin Spot Goby...?

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The Starry and Lawnmower won't be out open water much, nor will the Twinspot I guess.

Banded Goby is another good one. My Halichoeres Leucoxanthus and Melanurus are always out and about.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chalk bass are way cool and fun! They don’t get as much love as they should! Mine has the best personality and is way cool! He even eats outta my hand.. anthias and chromis also fill that top section of the tank and the void.

OP
OP
Mschmidt

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small shoal of scissortail dartfish would be good.
they look cool. they may get the firefish out and about more.
Anthias, Green Chromises, Cardinalfish, Flasher or Fairy Wrasse, Springeris Damselfish, Starry or Lawnmower Blenny, Fang Blenny, Hector's or Court Jester Goby, Twin Spot Goby...?
snap, how did i forget the tailspot? he's in there too.
The Starry and Lawnmower won't be out open water much, nor will the Twinspot I guess.

Banded Goby is another good one. My Halichoeres Leucoxanthus and Melanurus are always out and about.
my lfs probably has some banded gobies lelft. tehy had a bung a while back that have trickled out.
Chalk bass are way cool and fun! They don’t get as much love as they should! Mine has the best personality and is way cool! He even eats outta my hand.. anthias and chromis also fill that top section of the tank and the void.
if I didn't have the hawkfish I would have a chalk bass or lantern bass. in fact I almost swapped teh hawk out for one.

Chromis are an option. Not sure I feed enough for anthias, but I do have an automatic feeder not being used...I do like the look of anthias.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back