NFG protocol

Bthomas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s really no different to people dosing in the morning one day, then the evening the next. I’d guess there are a number of people that do that due to schedules.

It isn’t ideal, but 6 hours late is better than missing it entirely. If it’s that one dose, it’s unlikely to be a problem.
Sounds good. Treatment can be stopped after 10 days if symptoms are gone correct?

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good. Treatment can be stopped after 10 days if symptoms are gone correct?

Yes. They’ll take a few days to respond, but even if it’s completely gone at day 7, keep going with the 10. If you still see a hint at 9-10 days, keep going for 14, but no more than that. Don’t do 12, or 13. Either 10 or 14.

Stopping early and letting the drug go completely to zero concentration is where the superbug line starts to get close.

Bthomas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One more question.. I've just finished day 10 of NFG treatment and all looks good so I've done a 50% water change and I was going to give them a couple days of no meds to be sure that everything was still looking good but the water is still green. Will the rest of the medication work its way out or should I do more water changes?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 29.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back