Nice to meet you!

Lyss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All! I’m new to the forum — joined in Sept, just began posting this past week.

I have a Max Nano that I set up about 7-8 months ago, and I love it! I’m new to the saltwater side of the hobby but grew up w/freshwater tanks here and there. When Covid lockdown began I grabbed myself a small Biorb that I set up on my countertop, planted it up and added a betta… And immediately knew I was gonna go bigger. After the betta fell ill and died I turned the FW setup into a heavily-planted 10g Waterbox cube and added a trio of pea puffers that are still going strong. But I kept dreaming of saltwater.

I live in a NYC studio apt so I guess I just figured a SW tank was something I couldn’t have. Then I found the Max Nano and made space in my living room
Found out how to hook an RO/DI to my kitchen sink, found a collapsible 20g reservoir for mixing water, and the rest is history. Now I have a little mixed reef w/a pair of clowns and a tailspot blenny. Looking to add a pink-streaked wrasse if I can ever find one at a reasonable price.

Pea puffers are super duper hardy and I’ll prob have them for years, but I’d be lying if I said I’d be entirely devastated if I lost them and had to turn the 10g into a SW Caribbean biotope tank w/a flower nem garden…

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R
hello-welcome.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All! I’m new to the forum — joined in Sept, just began posting this past week.

I have a Max Nano that I set up about 7-8 months ago, and I love it! I’m new to the saltwater side of the hobby but grew up w/freshwater tanks here and there. When Covid lockdown began I grabbed myself a small Biorb that I set up on my countertop, planted it up and added a betta… And immediately knew I was gonna go bigger. After the betta fell ill and died I turned the FW setup into a heavily-planted 10g Waterbox cube and added a trio of pea puffers that are still going strong. But I kept dreaming of saltwater.

I live in a NYC studio apt so I guess I just figured a SW tank was something I couldn’t have. Then I found the Max Nano and made space in my living room
Found out how to hook an RO/DI to my kitchen sink, found a collapsible 20g reservoir for mixing water, and the rest is history. Now I have a little mixed reef w/a pair of clowns and a tailspot blenny. Looking to add a pink-streaked wrasse if I can ever find one at a reasonable price.

Pea puffers are super duper hardy and I’ll prob have them for years, but I’d be lying if I said I’d be entirely devastated if I lost them and had to turn the 10g into a SW Caribbean biotope tank w/a flower nem garden…
Welcome to R2R
Welcome to R2R.JPG

Back