Nice to meet you!

Lyss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 22, 2021
Messages
1,269
Reaction score
1,797
Location
New York City
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All! I’m new to the forum — joined in Sept, just began posting this past week.

I have a Max Nano that I set up about 7-8 months ago, and I love it! I’m new to the saltwater side of the hobby but grew up w/freshwater tanks here and there. When Covid lockdown began I grabbed myself a small Biorb that I set up on my countertop, planted it up and added a betta… And immediately knew I was gonna go bigger. After the betta fell ill and died I turned the FW setup into a heavily-planted 10g Waterbox cube and added a trio of pea puffers that are still going strong. But I kept dreaming of saltwater.

I live in a NYC studio apt so I guess I just figured a SW tank was something I couldn’t have. Then I found the Max Nano and made space in my living room
Found out how to hook an RO/DI to my kitchen sink, found a collapsible 20g reservoir for mixing water, and the rest is history. Now I have a little mixed reef w/a pair of clowns and a tailspot blenny. Looking to add a pink-streaked wrasse if I can ever find one at a reasonable price.

Pea puffers are super duper hardy and I’ll prob have them for years, but I’d be lying if I said I’d be entirely devastated if I lost them and had to turn the 10g into a SW Caribbean biotope tank w/a flower nem garden…
 
Welcome to R2R
hello-welcome.gif
 
Hi All! I’m new to the forum — joined in Sept, just began posting this past week.

I have a Max Nano that I set up about 7-8 months ago, and I love it! I’m new to the saltwater side of the hobby but grew up w/freshwater tanks here and there. When Covid lockdown began I grabbed myself a small Biorb that I set up on my countertop, planted it up and added a betta… And immediately knew I was gonna go bigger. After the betta fell ill and died I turned the FW setup into a heavily-planted 10g Waterbox cube and added a trio of pea puffers that are still going strong. But I kept dreaming of saltwater.

I live in a NYC studio apt so I guess I just figured a SW tank was something I couldn’t have. Then I found the Max Nano and made space in my living room
Found out how to hook an RO/DI to my kitchen sink, found a collapsible 20g reservoir for mixing water, and the rest is history. Now I have a little mixed reef w/a pair of clowns and a tailspot blenny. Looking to add a pink-streaked wrasse if I can ever find one at a reasonable price.

Pea puffers are super duper hardy and I’ll prob have them for years, but I’d be lying if I said I’d be entirely devastated if I lost them and had to turn the 10g into a SW Caribbean biotope tank w/a flower nem garden…
Welcome to R2R
Welcome to R2R.JPG
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new