Nick's 360 Gallons Reef Tank with Angels

MarineMalecki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best advice I can give you when you're doing your aquascape is to sketch it out first. And follow it in the process. You can have images in your head all you want but when you're looking down into the tank and placing those rocks, who images will be just a blur.
Also, stay off the glass! It's great for the flow to continue without obstruction and makes it much easier to clean. Don't cramp all the rocks you have in the tank. You don't have to. Place all the extra rocks in the sump or refugium if you need the extra filtration. An open aquascape will allow the fish to swim more freely and be less aggressive toward each other.

What kind of rock did you use for your aquascape?

OP
OP
this is me

this is me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My aquascape is consist of 150lbs of dry Fiji(love these) from BRS. and another 150lbs of Fiji and Tonga from local members. I collect local members' rocks on sale and dry them out(kill off pest) and put them in a Rubbermaid for almost a year before I the tank was ready.

OP
OP
this is me

this is me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The angels are doing fine. I will have some update soon. Just put the larger CA reactor online 2 weeks ago. Running pretty good now.

OP
OP
this is me

this is me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's some update and pics from today.
I haven't really change anything to the tank other than putting the large Geo CA RX to replace the Schuran. Been running for about a month now. So far so good. Other than that, the tank has been running very stable. With my weekly water change, this tank is really the least headache and most stable I've set up.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

MtlReef25

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The angels are doing fine. I will have some update soon. Just put the larger CA reactor online 2 weeks ago. Running pretty good now.
Hey Nick, c'est tellement beau! Can't stop watching! I have a question about your Regals... what did you feed 'em at first and what do you still feed 'em? Got one lately and he finally seems to like fresh mussels. Not sure if the little guy will be ok but he's very active and not so shy. I really want to keep him! Thanx!

dbraun15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great job and continued updates. Surprised the Sailfin Tang bosses the Powder Blue around! Love the Blue Gig!

OP
OP
this is me

this is me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Nick, c'est tellement beau! Can't stop watching! I have a question about your Regals... what did you feed 'em at first and what do you still feed 'em? Got one lately and he finally seems to like fresh mussels. Not sure if the little guy will be ok but he's very active and not so shy. I really want to keep him! Thanx!

Thanks!
That’s a great sign for your regal to have interest in the fresh mussels. Keep feeding the mussels to get it to gain some strength but try different food as well. Always goes back to what it eats but don’t stop feeding it what you feed to the tank.
I feed my regals many different food. Live clams chopped up. LRS foood, mysis, brine, pellets, flakes, nori. They are very good eaters once they’ve gained some strength after the fasting from captivity.

OP
OP
this is me

this is me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great job and continued updates. Surprised the Sailfin Tang bosses the Powder Blue around! Love the Blue Gig!
The powder blue is too busy chasing the bigger powder brown. When I first put them in, the blue would chase the brown around and around. The brown lets it chase til it gets enough of it and turns around. The blue quickly backs off and swims the other way because it’s smaller. The chasing has subsided but every now and then, the blue chases the brown still.
159B9F63-04E7-4045-ACB3-B674D3615DC1.jpeg

MtlReef25

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!
That’s a great sign for your regal to have interest in the fresh mussels. Keep feeding the mussels to get it to gain some strength but try different food as well. Always goes back to what it eats but don’t stop feeding it what you feed to the tank.
I feed my regals many different food. Live clams chopped up. LRS foood, mysis, brine, pellets, flakes, nori. They are very good eaters once they’ve gained some strength after the fasting from captivity.
Thanx very much for your reply and advises! I will try to get him different kind of foods as you say! Hope this will continue to work! :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back