NICREW 30 or 50 for 14g cube

Donk18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, getting back into the hobby after 8 years and starting a 14g cube that will house nems, lps, and softies. I’m trying to decide on which light. The NICREW Hyper 30watt or 50watt. What are you’re thoughts?

LeBon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish, softies and the odd stoney to try out of curiosity. Id think 30 was fine. I have that on a 50 gallon with clowns and nems.
Nicrew I 'Feel' are amazon rebrand and might be worth checking out somewhere like aliexpress who might show the same product cheaper under its Chinese label,,

OP
OP
Donk18

Donk18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I was thinking the same about the 50 plus the option to expand it later.

LeBon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd just go with the 50 and turn it down if needed
an option., tho buying led and lowering intensities is a strange one to me, its essentially wasted money not saved money.. also the different wattages may be different lengths. Having said that, many folk may upgrade tank sizes and they can be then used on that tank. The reality is somewhat based on funds, Nicrew isn an expensive brand so I presume costs are important.

Check out the actual lumens it gives, they are not all created equally

OP
OP
Donk18

Donk18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
an option., tho buying led and lowering intensities is a strange one to me, its essentially wasted money not saved money.. also the different wattages may be different lengths. Having said that, many folk may upgrade tank sizes and they can be then used on that tank. The reality is somewhat based on funds, Nicrew isn an expensive brand so I presume costs are important.

Check out the actual lumens it gives, they are not all created equally
If I’m correct PAR is more important when it comes to our reef tanks. Lumens are more of what the human eye can see and not what is needed for photosynthesis. The PAR reading is a lot more helpful. From what I understand.

OP
OP
Donk18

Donk18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to go with the 30 watt. I figured that would be more than sufficient for what I want.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back